Social distancing where you are...
(06-26-2020, 12:40 PM)strawman Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 12:31 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 11:12 AM)strawman Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 10:55 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The messages from the government and the press that support them aren’t mixed and aren’t encouraging irresponsible behaviour.

Johnson...

Prime minister Boris Johnson has responded to concerns about the effects of an influx of visitors to Brighton and Hove by saying our MPs should “show some guts” in reopening the city.

Our national hibernation is over

Life is returning, to our street, to our shops, the bustle is starting to come back!”

Hancock...

We may have to close the beaches

Same cabinet barely 24hrs between statements.

Not what was said at all - It was said it was beginning to come to end but feel free not to leave the house, nobody will make you and maybe just switch off your wireless and 4 and 5g devices just in case - can't be too careful

I’m having to shield a family member with a backdrop of government failing to give any coherent message, backing an advisor who clearly broke the rules, thousands of fuckwits selfishly disregarding those more vulnerable than themselves, still one of the highest death rates in Europe, a Trace and Track / Testing regime that isn’t working properly after four months and according to ITV a rising infection rate. 

Some are now jingoistically looking forward to the 4th of July like it’s VE Day, New Years Eve!

There is feck all conspiratorial about anything I said.

Really - well I'm sorry about your family member. 

But don't pull the emotional trigger with me I'm 73 years old – since 70 I have had a heart attack requiring a stent, a kidney removed due to kidney cancer which luckily hasn't spread and has left me with stage 3b CKD and have been in hospital twice in the last month with gallstone fucking problems which means I have to have my gall bladder removed, so I'm highly at risk yet can quite understand the real message which is to stay safe and socially distance, not your contorted message. and yet due to your continual whinging, doom mongering and misrepresentations I would rather have them than a night out with you, cause that would definitely make me want to slit my throat. Now off you go – park your bus and make sure you stay a long way from anyone – not to prevent you from catching anything but to stop them being depressed to death – On ignore – Bye Marvin

Strawman I wasn’t trying to pull the emotional trigger just trying to put some context to why I’m wary perhaps cynical of how things are unfolding and being handled.

I wish you well in your recovery and to get better soon. We see things very differently but I don’t want to get into needless arguments that are in the grand scheme of things just a lot of football fans commenting on things we have no control over. I hope you will take this as an apology / olive branch we are all on here simply because we love the club we follow and I genuinely hope we can draw a line under our disagreements.

All the best

Marvin
(06-26-2020, 01:36 PM)HomersBelly Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 09:17 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 09:15 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:51 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:49 PM)baggpuss Wrote: Pretty dire now I think and can only imagine it when Spoons etc open again!

My manager at work can't wait to get to the pub (like a starving man with food), doesn't care if he catches it, doesn't care if he gives it others and as for the NHS - "well, it's what they signed up for!!"

Great bloke then!

And sadly not alone - as we will see next Saturday!  Sad

Yep. I'm still bemused as to why they decided to open the pubs on a Saturday. Can you imagine...

Because this Government seem hell bent on silently encouraging violent street behaviour. All pubs will have to close by 11 as well? That's going to end well. Can't wait.
They used to shut at 10.30 when I started going in them!!
Fair play Strawmon, and DH. That's the way to sort it and move on. The big ball rolls again tonight and it is One Love. Come on you Baggies!
(06-26-2020, 02:19 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 09:15 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:51 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Great bloke then!

And sadly not alone - as we will see next Saturday!  Sad

Yep. I'm still bemused as to why they decided to open the pubs on a Saturday. Can you imagine...

Because this Government seem hell bent on silently encouraging violent street behaviour. All pubs will have to close by 11 as well? That's going to end well. Can't wait.

And you could come home with change from a ten-bob note...
(06-26-2020, 02:44 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 09:15 PM)baggpuss Wrote: And sadly not alone - as we will see next Saturday!  Sad

After 10 pints, fish and chips and a blow job.
Where was the Chippie that gave you a blow job with your chips?
(06-26-2020, 03:45 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 02:44 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 09:17 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote: Yep. I'm still bemused as to why they decided to open the pubs on a Saturday. Can you imagine...

After 10 pints, fish and chips and a blow job.

I think I'll stick to paying for my fish and chips but cheers for the advice on how to keep the cost of a night out down.
(06-26-2020, 03:49 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Where was the Chippie that gave you a blow job with your chips?

Hagley.
(06-26-2020, 04:38 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 03:49 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: Where was the Chippie that gave you a blow job with your chips?

Hagley.

The ten bob note is probably still legal tender in Hagley.
(06-26-2020, 11:21 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 11:16 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: A guy on the Press Preview on Sky (I think) summed it up well last night. I'm paraphrasing, and I apologise if I have mis-quoted him, but he said :-

Let's just forget Covid for a second (not wishing to diminish the gravity of it), but why the hell would you want to queue for hours in a hot car, stuck in a massive traffic jam, to go and sit on a postage stamp sized square of a beach??

It's fucking nuts.

Well exactly. Never saw the attraction of being on a crowded beach at the best of times, nevermind doing it when you're advised not to.

It's one of the 1,001 fundamental differences between me and my missus. 

Forecast is great so she says "Let's go to the beach this weekend"

My immediate thought is "The last place on earth I want to be is at the fuggin beach this weekend".