Racism at work
Keep beating the shit out of him until he stops. Education is the way forward.
(06-24-2020, 07:12 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Keep beating the shit out of him until he stops. Education is the way forward.

I’ve managed to resist despite me wanting to. However, despite that being appealing the euphoria would only last a few minutes. I would end up locked up, no job and he would still be a racist bully.
Maybe it's best to move on.

Easier said than done, perhaps. 

But I can't see anything there ending in anything but hassle and grief.
What a vile and disgusting human in a position of power thinking he's above the law and better than his fellow colleagues.

I'd speak to CAB or another organisation that supports this - maybe beyondblue or someone similar about what you can do I guess in the bounds of what exists to support this type of problem.

I'd be keeping a diary of events - either by camera, notes where there are witnesses, dates, times the lot. Then whatever action can be taken has a full file of stuff. Has to be corroborated so others need to be in the room and ideally you'd find a collaborator at work
I would certainly document his behaviour. I take it there is no union at the factory? If there was it would be a lot easier to have this dealt with.
Bit of a wildcard,and apologies in advance if I'm way off the mark, but what is his approach and oversight of Health and Safety? The HSE have a anonymous whistleblower option.Just thought if his approach on Equality and Diversity is so archaic,it often follows that H&S might be poor also. As a director he has additional duties under H&S legislation that he may not be fullfilling? This type of behaviour is from the 70s and 80s!
Lots of good and sensible suggestions on here. 

What an unfortunate prick these people are. 

Personally I hold the top bloke responsible. He just should not allow it to happen, and it seems he knows it does. 

Out of interest, who do they support?
I worked with a vile fan at my old place also a manager, dressed all the while in his terrace gear although in his 60's often said things like, "hes ok for a black guy" and asked me quite randomly "had you used to go paki bashing as a kid". This bloke wasnt thick either he was actually intelligent in academic sense.

I hadnt heard talk like that for years even in factories.

I avoided him, but and did mention him to his manager about my concerns but fell on deaf ears and I left shortly after, he was made redundant eventually but always guilty I never pursued it.   

Witnessed it at a game this season, few of us reported him and he wasnt seen again.

Think white people less likely to report racism or any form of bullying etc or act on it in the workplace as your made to look a trouble causer?

I know a mixed race guy who wont be told that his golliwog in his car is offensive and often tells me people he wont date black girls cos they smell.... is he racist or is he doing/saying these things to try and fit in?

I think we only suppress racism, the only way to overcome it is more integration.
(06-24-2020, 08:43 AM)coxy134 Wrote: I worked with a vile fan at my old place also a manager, dressed all the while in his terrace gear although in his 60's often said things like, "hes ok for a black guy" and asked me quite randomly "had you used to go paki bashing as a kid". This bloke wasnt thick either he was actually intelligent in academic sense.

I avoided him, but and did mention him to his manager about my concerns but fell on deaf ears and I left shortly after, he was made redundant eventually but always guilty I never pursued it.   

Witnessed it at a game this season, few of us reported him and he wasnt seen again.

Think white people less likely to report racism or any form of bullying etc or act on it in the workplace as your made to look a trouble causer?

I know a mixed race guy who wont be told that his golliwog in his car is offensive and often tells me people he wont date black girls cos they smell.... is he racist or is he doing/saying these things to try and fit in?

I think we only suppress racism, the only way to overcome it is more integration.
Trouble is time only can cure all this and a continued debate, but it has to be realistic.
For instance, I saw some Asian guy on the BBC on about micro-racism in a feature the other day. He was saying being asked if he can have a pint, when they were in the pub, because of his religion, he denoted as some form of racism.
I think that is hyper-sensitive.
We have come on hugely in the past 40 years, certainly in the UK. However, lets work on education and making people mix more. It's an ongoing process.
(06-24-2020, 08:43 AM)coxy134 Wrote: I worked with a vile fan at my old place also a manager, dressed all the while in his terrace gear although in his 60's often said things like, "hes ok for a black guy" and asked me quite randomly "had you used to go paki bashing as a kid". This bloke wasnt thick either he was actually intelligent in academic sense.

Does he love Robinsons jam THAT much?