Almost 4 years since the referendum
It was repurposed for use by the Govt and Royal family in 2015 and cost 10m at that point - I'd have expected to get the paint touched up in that £10m, so begone with your conjecture and meaningless links.
(06-18-2020, 02:21 PM)JOK Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:11 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But what about that plane with the flag on it eh! That’ll bring back the good old days!

Ah yes, The Mile High Spaffing thread,

Good to see you using another non story for your usual fixated rants.

Jet aircraft have to be repainted very 4 to 10 years. (Boing suggest every 4). This has to be done to comply with the aircraft’s ‘D’ check. 
The Voyager Air Tankers, of which this is one, have been in service since 2012. So it is probably due for a re spray soon anyway.
Still, the Guardian, the Inde and Angry Voice condemn it so...
https://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeroma...01txt.html

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/quest...ft-painted

Got you big flag Alan?
(06-18-2020, 01:43 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: "the authoritarian left is winning the culture war" = "It's less and less socially acceptable to be a bigoted twat"
No, it does not equal that at all. It's exceptionally divisive and will probably lead to the emergence of more bigoted twats on the right to counter the moralising self aggrandising intolerant twats on the left - the horseshoe effect once again. They're all as bad as each other.
(06-18-2020, 11:53 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I feel that each new generation that comes along are more tolerant than the one that went before.

I couldn't agree less. I think the current generation is the least tolerant in my lifetime.

Conform to cultural Marxism or be cancelled doesn't scream tolerance to me. Quite the opposite.
Perhaps you should do some reading around the Tolerance Paradox and why we shouldn't tolerate intolerance. If you still feel the same way then you're just intransigent and there's no helping you. We'll be over here on the right side of history.
(06-18-2020, 03:08 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 11:53 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I feel that each new generation that comes along are more tolerant than the one that went before.

I couldn't agree less. I think the current generation is the least tolerant in my lifetime.

Conform to cultural Marxism or be cancelled doesn't scream tolerance to me. Quite the opposite.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You should do a comedy show with zingers like that. I'd be careful with using terms like "cultural Marxism" though, wouldn't want to your career to end due to an antisemitism scandal.
(06-18-2020, 02:27 PM)baggy1 Wrote: It was repurposed for use by the Govt and Royal family in 2015 and cost 10m at that point - I'd have expected to get the paint touched up in that £10m, so begone with your conjecture and meaningless links.

So that would make that paint job 5 years old and still due for re doing.

Conjecture: A hypothesis
                : Expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.
                : guess, speculation or supposition. 

“Meaningless links”? You mean the ones that show the facts and that my post isn’t conjecture.
And I have as much right to post links as anyone so away with your The Guardian bile. 

I wasn’t defending the object of your and Dekka’s obsessive hate, by the way, just, as Dekka is wont to say, sayin loik.

(06-18-2020, 02:39 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:11 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But what about that plane with the flag on it eh! That’ll bring back the good old days!

Jet aircraft have to be repainted very 4 to 10 years. (Boing suggest every 4). This has to be done to comply with the aircraft’s ‘D’ check. 
The Voyager Air Tankers, of which this is one, have been in service since 2012. So it is probably due for a re spray soon anyway.

Got you big flag Alan?

?

How’s your hammer and sickle fluttering?
(06-18-2020, 08:11 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You could ask what is better since 2010...

Nope can’t think of anything in fact I’d argue we have regressed socially and culturally and now in all probability economically. A divided, angry country desperately trying to stay relevant in world that is looking at us in disbelief / laughs at us as we mimic Trumpian US.

But what about that plane with the flag on it eh! That’ll bring back the good old days!

Stronger gay rights legislation, more renewable energy usage, the personal tax allowance, the separation of the banking sector and shared parental leave.

(06-18-2020, 06:35 PM)JOK Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 02:39 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Got you big flag Alan?

?

How’s your hammer and sickle fluttering?

I think Dekka's point is that there is no need for the flag to be painted on it. In fact, the whole point of it being grey in the first place was to camoflauge it.
It’s conjecture that the paint job needed doing anyway. Chances are that if that was the case the mophaired man child or his 3 word slogan dept would have pointed that out. I don’t hate BJ, I just find it embarrassing for the country how shambolic everything he touches becomes. Looking forward to our free trade deal with Oz an NZ to make sure we get our supplies of vegemite and erm, Tim tams, and I’m sure there’s lots more.

Fucking embarrassing
(06-18-2020, 06:10 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 03:08 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You should do a comedy show with zingers like that. I'd be careful with using terms like "cultural Marxism" though, wouldn't want to your career to end due to an antisemitism scandal.

Everybody on both ends of the political spectrum is so permanently outraged these days it's hard to tell when somebody is being ironic. I don't even think most people realise they are doing it themselves.