Watching live games when the league restarts
As you can imagine, it appears that every single Prem game is live on either BT or Sky.

Now, as we are only the meagre Championship, there is a severely cut viewing options:

- all games selected for TV prior to Covid have been scrapped, a new schedule is being created
- Sky intend to show 30 league games, plus the 15 playoff games
- it has been heavily rumoured (almost confirmed) the other non-main selected games will not be available via Red Button, as per previously this season when the main game was on midweek on Sky Football
- WBA season ticket holders will get access to iFollow
- Individual games can be purchased for £10

The main concern I have is that iFollow is often very poor quality and not a great platform for potentially thousands and thousands of logins to view the games.

Anyway, Sky and other EFL viewing partners are due to release more information the coming week.

I can't help but feel it's going to be a pretty carp viewing experience whichever level of supporter you are.

Any other viewing suggestions and information snippets can be placed on this thread
(06-07-2020, 10:50 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: As you can imagine, it appears that every single Prem game is live on either BT or Sky.

Now, as we are only the meagre Championship, there is a severely cut viewing options:

- all games selected for TV prior to Covid have been scrapped, a new schedule is being created
- it has been heavily rumoured (almost confirmed) the other non-main selected games will not be available via Red Button, as per previously this season when the main game was on midweek on Sky Football

The main concern I have is that iFollow is often very poor quality and not a great platform for potentially thousands and thousands of logins to view the games.

Anyway, Sky and other EFL viewing partners are due to release more information the coming week.

I can't help but feel it's going to be a pretty carp viewing experience whichever level of supporter you are.

Any other viewing suggestions and information snippets can be placed on this thread
I can only agree, my one and only experience of ifollow wasn't a good one.
I've relied on iFollow to watch games for the last two seasons. Overall, I've been happy with the service. The stream quality for some games has undeniably been better/worse than others, but it's much better than spending half the game chasing even dodgier streams. Andy Johnsons overly positive commentary is endearing, but when they rely on the home teams commentary, which is as biased in the other way, it can be frustrating. When we beat Bristol City earlier this year, their commentator seemed convinced that despite being 0-3 down they were still in it and had been the better team.
I see that the price per game has doubled to 10 quid per game. I hope that this is because they are covering the costs of substantially upgrading their hardware in anticipation of more viewers. Otherwise, it might be as the OP suggested.
(06-07-2020, 10:50 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: As you can imagine, it appears that every single Prem game is live on either BT or Sky.

fuggin armchairs
You congregatin' outside the Smerrick, Hudds?
(06-07-2020, 02:27 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: You congregatin' outside the Smerrick, Hudds?

All round the ground.
Might aswell go in no other fucker cares these days .
(06-07-2020, 01:53 PM)Tokyo Baggie Wrote: I've relied on iFollow to watch games for the last two seasons. Overall, I've been happy with the service. The stream quality for some games has undeniably been better/worse than others, but it's much better than spending half the game chasing even dodgier streams. Andy Johnsons overly positive commentary is endearing, but when they rely on the home teams commentary, which is as biased in the other way, it can be frustrating. When we beat Bristol City earlier this year, their commentator seemed convinced that despite being 0-3 down they were still in it and had been the better team.
I see that the price per game has doubled to 10 quid per game. I hope that this is because they are covering the costs of substantially upgrading their hardware in anticipation of more viewers. Otherwise, it might be as the OP suggested.

I’m sure it was £10 per game before 

Having games played on Fri Sat & Sum at different times will most certainly help with the demand on the servers.  As I’ve mentioned before, this is a chance for ifollow to make some money and if they fuck up on the first game they will lose the majority of the paying viewers.
(06-07-2020, 09:22 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 01:53 PM)Tokyo Baggie Wrote: I've relied on iFollow to watch games for the last two seasons. Overall, I've been happy with the service. The stream quality for some games has undeniably been better/worse than others, but it's much better than spending half the game chasing even dodgier streams. Andy Johnsons overly positive commentary is endearing, but when they rely on the home teams commentary, which is as biased in the other way, it can be frustrating. When we beat Bristol City earlier this year, their commentator seemed convinced that despite being 0-3 down they were still in it and had been the better team.

I’m sure it was £10 per game before 

Having games played on Fri Sat & Sum at different times will most certainly help with the demand on the servers.  As I’ve mentioned before, this is a chance for ifollow to make some money and if they fuck up on the first game they will lose the majority of the paying viewers.

Just checked my bank statement and I've never paid more than a fiver. It might be regional pricing though. Not sure.
Agree about the first game though.
Will there be details of how ST holders can register coming out, or have I missed an announcement.

Forget that - just seen this morning's email.