Brunt leaving - official
Legend.

Wonderful heartfelt words in his statement too.

I think he wants to play and will stay local. Most likely Stoke with O’Neill (1+1) will be good for him.
Proper end of an era stuff. He and Moz were the start of that established period and it's gone full circle. My kid can't remember an Albion without Chris and he's 15.. not many fans can say that these days.
Brunty is more than capable of missing a pen. Those two against Liverpool rank among my greatest Hawthorns memories. The context is important. We were struggling. A win against Liverpool would have been massive. We went a goal down and when we got the first pen, the pressure was immense. He banged that one in, but the second was totally unstoppable. He must have felt the nervousness rippling around him as he took both of them. I was in the Brummie and didn't want to look away like many did. The sheer joy when the net bulged on both occasions doesn't come along very often, but you need to celebrate it when it does. Chris Brunt - Albion legend.
Probably the right time for him to move on. Great servant and role model for the current younger crop. He won’t leave the area as it’s not that far to the club he’s joining. I hope we can be able to give him the chance to lift that Championship trophy one more time.
(06-04-2020, 07:51 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Probably the right time for him to move on. Great servant and role model for the current younger crop. He won’t leave the area as it’s not that far to the club he’s joining. I hope we can be able to give him the chance to lift that Championship trophy one more time.

Is it Stoke he will be joining Lightnin?
Fantastic player for us, though the twat a few seats along from me who never stops criticizing him will be pleased.

Watching that video of Brunty reminiscing about the promotion season with Mozza, Jonno etc where they showed him whipping in great crosses for Gera to head in, worra left foot!
(06-04-2020, 07:56 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 07:51 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Probably the right time for him to move on. Great servant and role model for the current younger crop. He won’t leave the area as it’s not that far to the club he’s joining. I hope we can be able to give him the chance to lift that Championship trophy one more time.

Is it Stoke he will be joining Lightnin?

Sad to see both Mozza and Bruntys careers coming to an end. Both great servants on and off the pitch for us and they have been integral to everything good our club has done over the last 10 years or so. 

It's the right time to call it a day but hopefully it won't be long before he's back with us in some capacity but it really wouldn't surprise me to see him have one last pop with Stoke next season alongside O'Neil. 

The word legend is thrown about all too easily these days but Brunt is a cast iron one. A true club man that genuinely loves us. He's scored some wonderful goals, whipped in countless good crosses and has always, always given 100%. 

I was 10ft away when he was coined at the Madejski and it made me so angry how anyone could treat Brunt with anything other than affection. 

Cheers Brunty and thank you for bringing that wand of a left peg to my football club.
Family. We should do everything in our power to get him in the back room
The end of an Era - Brunty we are not worthy.
A hero for so many of us - your part of the BAWS family,
Hopefully we see you back working with the kids in the future.
THANK YOU
(06-04-2020, 08:56 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: The end of an Era - Brunty we are not worthy.
A hero for so many of us - your part of the BAWS family,
Hopefully we see you back working with the kids in the future.
THANK YOU

He could work with the first team. Have him banging crosses into SJ's penalty box !!   Big Grin Big Grin