Madeleine McCann
I was in Edinburgh for the Festival in August when the Hong Kong protests were at their height (I think) and I was by Waterloo Place when I noticed a mass of Chinese Students protesting against the Hong Kong protesters. What was interesting was how they were being herded and organised by two or three slightly older 'students' with megaphones and very clearly corralled into tight-knit units. Many of the students looked somewhat ill-at ease but a fair few were giving it their all. It left me in no doubt that this protest had official sanction from the Chinese state representatives and was probably organised by them also.
(06-04-2020, 10:35 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Remarkable of WBAUnofficial to make the disappearance of an innocent toddler into a debate about class and race.

Bravo lads, you've outdone yourselves again.

It's entirely relevant to the massivley over the top media coverage. It's MSM clickbait. And the proles hoover it up

They should have given the family dignity and privacy.
(06-04-2020, 03:14 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 07:55 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 07:49 AM)DAVE Wrote: Wondering if some kidnapped black kid would have had such continuous media attention, excessive people resource allocated to it and a netflix documentary...

I think this has always been the mystery regarding the Madeleine McCann case. Plenty of kids have gone missing over the years, but haven't received no where near as much scrutiny and investigation.

There may be ones where the kids are from very troubled backgrounds or groomed by gangs, but what happened with Maddy McCann was extremely rare. The Ben Needham case in 1991 was the only similar one. This might give you some perspective, albeit it is 4 years old now. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37504781

Spandau is right. One of the few other unsolved cases of child abduction involving a British child is Katrice Lee, who was abducted from a NAAFI in 1981 and the RMP/German police made an absolute mess of that case.

Here's a list of current children missing in the UK. Most will be children missing from care or parental abductions. There's an over representation of Romanian and Vietnamese children due to human trafficking:

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us...%5Bname%5D=
(06-04-2020, 07:11 AM)Fido Wrote: We were in Lisbon and the Algarve that year with our daughter who, at that age of 2 1/2 had very blonde hair, and we were constantly being watched wherever we went. Some fucker even bumped into a lamppost whilst gawping at us walking backwards. 

I've not seen the Netflix series and although the whole witch hunt of the couple had been quite unsavoury (before a lot of the evidence was released even) it's all extremely weird and quite unbelievable, in lots of ways.

They left their kids in an unlocked apartment whilst they went on the piss.
If this is the guy & then I hope she can be found given closure etc
It will throw up why was he not looked at before
Why the locals didn't speak up about him
If he was a convicted sex offender did the Germans notify the Portuguese 
Did they ignore it?
The Portuguese Police ended up looking like the Keystone Cops with their antics
Seemed more worried about the tourism trade than finding a missing girl
Did anyone check DNA at the scene to see if his was there?
Did this guy work alone or part of some bigger circle ?
The Netflix documentary is excellent for anybody who has an interest in the case

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Am I alone in that I find all those documentaries too hard to watch? I just hope this new information leads to closure of some )probably unsatisfactory) kind.