Nissan
(05-28-2020, 02:37 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 02:36 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Being a bit selective there Proth, no such thing and I may have already mentioned Nissan's plans on here. Their main market is the UK so they have made a strategic move to avoid any tariffs that we will end up paying on other imported makes.

I'm not accusing you, I'm accusing simpletons who believed that Nissan would relocate depsite the market fundamentals. There were plenty of them.

(10-10-2019, 07:35 PM)
Derek Hardballs Wrote: Nissan

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread....sunderland
billybassett Wrote:
“with turkeys voting for Christmas (Sunderland / Wales etc etc) is so depressing.”

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread....sunderland
Hold on lads I'm just going to get my pop corn just want to see how derek spins this fucker .
(05-28-2020, 03:44 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Hold on lads I'm just going to get my pop corn just want to see how derek spins this fucker .

Arf.
“Mr de Ficchy said Nissan still intended to build in Sunderland, the UK's biggest car plant, but that it was difficult to plan for the future amid Brexit uncertainty.”

This directly inline with what BB said and quote is from the link I posted.

I get it lads it’s been a truly awful month of ineptitude by your chosen government but you can put the popcorn down.
(05-29-2020, 07:56 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: “Mr de Ficchy said Nissan still intended to build in Sunderland, the UK's biggest car plant, but that it was difficult to plan for the future amid Brexit uncertainty.”

I get it lads it’s been a truly awful month of ineptitude by your chosen government but you can put the popcorn down.

So let's get this straight. A huge investment into Sunderland - for the future. But it's "difficult to plan for the future".

Hmm.
(05-29-2020, 09:46 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 07:56 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: “Mr de Ficchy said Nissan still intended to build in Sunderland, the UK's biggest car plant, but that it was difficult to plan for the future amid Brexit uncertainty.”

So let's get this straight. A huge investment into Sunderland - for the future. But it's "difficult to plan for the future".

Hmm.

You will have to ask the person who is quoted. That was what was said in the article that I linked to last year. Thank you JOK who is now my unofficial archivist Wink
(05-29-2020, 09:59 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Hmm.

You will have to ask the person who is quoted. That was what was said in the article that I linked to last year. Thank you JOK who is now my unofficial archivist Wink

Your welcome.  Tongue  I have to do something to during lockdown to practice my source researching skills. 

All my Heritage sites are shut!
(05-29-2020, 09:59 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You will have to ask the person who is quoted.

Or you could use the evidence presented to you.
(05-29-2020, 12:45 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 09:59 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You will have to ask the person who is quoted.

Or you could use the evidence presented to you.

It's great news. Do we know what promises the government have made? Do we know how much it's going to cost us?

What's happening with the Ford plants? The Vauxhall plants? The toyota plant? The honda plant? (oops that one's already gone!)

It makes sense we'll still have a car industry - especially in the short term whilst the infra-structure is still here - as we do have a large car market.

But can it sustain ALL these manufacturers?

Maybe, if our productive is high enough to soak up the export duties and profitable enough to overcome the political pressure from the EU and the home countries of the car manufacturers.  

Surely, though, that's a big ask?

It's interesting that the only manufacturer so far to make a substantial commitment neither has a home base in the EC and has by far it's biggest sales market in the UK - not the EC.

Let's see what all of the rest do  before we celebrate too hard and claim victory.

Hmm.

What "huge investment" are you on about? No new frameworks have been announced, no new models have been announced, no new investment has been announced. All they've done is consolidate the Nissan and Renault frameworks into one factory to cut costs in one factory and not invest in another.