Cool Cultures
The twat missed out white working class Black Country males...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/simply-re...st-2673532
Yoghurt
Wow shock. Someone does something and then trolls comment.
To be fair, coolness is fashionable or not- fashion is fickle. Peaky Blinders has made B'ham cool.
Irish was incredibly uncool growing up in the 70s, but Riverdance, Dublin stag parties etc changed all that.
Never been too taken in by all that nonsense.
You like a culture or not- personally if I had to be any nationality I'd be Italian.
Riverdance!
There's absolutely no way that John Lennon experienced a working class upbringing.
(05-22-2020, 09:07 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Wow shock. Someone does something and then trolls comment.
To be fair, coolness is fashionable or not- fashion is fickle. Peaky Blinders has made B'ham cool.
Irish was incredibly uncool growing up in the 70s, but Riverdance, Dublin stag parties etc changed all that.
You like a culture or not- personally if I had to be any nationality I'd be Italian.

That's the funniest thing since the Joy Abbott comment about same title (but different) songs.
(05-22-2020, 01:11 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 09:07 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Wow shock. Someone does something and then trolls comment.

That's the funniest thing since the Joy Abbott comment about same title (but different) songs.
I noticed mid 90s around that time with Irish theme pubs too it changed. I agree, on further inspection, Riverdance hardly cool, my parents liked it, but it made it fashionable being Irish rather than being called a thick Paddy and people referring to planting bombs.
Generally the arts changes people's perceptions around coolness.
Riverdance was a phenomenon no doubt.
Riverdance reinforced old fashioned stereotypes about the Irish imo.
Michael Flatley's bank balance was boosted somewhat by it all.

I should have got involved. I'm good at twiddling me toes.