Anyone planning on watching this tonight?
I try to watch it every year. Nearly all of the songs are instantly forgettable but I like it just for the scoring afterwards. Fond childhood memories of "hello from Vienna, zis is the verdict of the Austrian jury". Sometimes it could get quite tense. Sometimes try to do a Eurovision buffet for the evening, with foods from around Europe. Not sure about tonight though.
(05-16-2020, 11:19 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I try to watch it every year. Nearly all of the songs are instantly forgettable but I like it just for the scoring afterwards. Fond childhood memories of "hello from Vienna, zis is the verdict of the Austrian jury". Sometimes it could get quite tense. Sometimes try to do a Eurovision buffet for the evening, with foods from around Europe. Not sure about tonight though.

Never understood why they bother asking Greece and Turkey for each other’s score. We all know what’s coming.
I'll probably dip in and out of it. I think there's part of it looking at past winners, so that could be OK in a nostalgic kind of way.

We've always watched it in the past, just for some forgettable fun, but last year's was sickmakingly over the top, even by Eurovision standards
the scoring ruins it as a serious competition. used to be quite watchable back in wogans day.

his piss taking was quite good and just hit the right balance.

also gave us the interval in 94 which ill happily admit is one of my go tos on youtube if i need a smile.
(05-16-2020, 08:44 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: No. I won’t be watching.
As a kid I liked Eurovision. I associated it with a special trip to the off licence for crisps and chocolate.
Can’t stand the way block voting has utterly wrecked it but, equally  the way it is completely owned by the gays now. I’ve nothing remotely against gays, but just don’t think this show should be about campness . It’s set a template to make the contest even more ridiculous and lightweight, when it did have some prestige.
Used to think it an interesting look at other cultures but now it is just about gay culture.
The fact they’ve picked such hosts tonight says it all.

Oooooh - get you!!

[Image: 73434.jpg]