Boris says go back to work
(05-10-2020, 09:33 PM)Juan Quidonqui Wrote: I think Boris made it all perfectly clear.
Go back to work or don’t go back to work.
Do or don’t do that under your own mode of transport unless you have to use public transport.
From June (or maybe later) some but not all of your kids could go back to school.
Take as much exercise as you want and you can meet up with someone outside of your household to do that as long as you stay 2m apart - unless you’re playing an actual sport then it must be with someone from within your household.
What’s so difficult to understand?

It was very easy to understand. Only 3 types of people would find it difficult. Those that work for the MSM, those that have a bitter agenda above the health of the nation and those as thick as pig shit.
He actually said if you can't work from home then go back to work.... Which is pretty much what it's always been.
(05-10-2020, 10:00 PM)MassDebater Wrote: He actually said if you can't work from home then go back to work.... Which is pretty much what it's always been.

But it hasn't, has it. He expressly mentioned construction and manufacturing  in his address. The message so far has been essential workers. I'm unclear as to whether shops can re-open or a whole host of service industries. Starmer was right. We needed clarity, we don't have it.
I think what's more concerning is the slag in Scotland, the dozzy twat in Wales and silly woman in Northern Ireland have all just decided to tell "their people" to ignore what Boris said, increasing more confusion, peddling their own agendas again, especially that Scottish twat.
(05-10-2020, 09:45 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 09:33 PM)Juan Quidonqui Wrote: I think Boris made it all perfectly clear.
Go back to work or don’t go back to work.
Do or don’t do that under your own mode of transport unless you have to use public transport.
From June (or maybe later) some but not all of your kids could go back to school.
Take as much exercise as you want and you can meet up with someone outside of your household to do that as long as you stay 2m apart - unless you’re playing an actual sport then it must be with someone from within your household.
What’s so difficult to understand?

It was very easy to understand. Only 3 types of people would find it difficult. Those that work for the MSM, those that have a bitter agenda above the health of the nation and those as thick as pig shit.

You've pretty much summed up the Politics bored.
(05-10-2020, 11:22 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I think what's more concerning is the slag in Scotland, the dozzy twat in Wales and silly woman in Northern Ireland have all just decided to tell "their people" to ignore what Boris said, increasing more confusion, peddling their own agendas again, especially that Scottish twat.

I honestly don't see what is wrong with the response of the devolved administrations on this.

[*]Northern Ireland can't deviate from Ireland for obvious reasons, they've been very closely aligned with Dublin on this issue as they share a land border
[*]Wales is doing significantly worse than England so to lift their restrictions would be stupid and lead to a knock on effect over the border
[*]Scotland are lifting some restrictions in line with Westminster like the exercise thing but their R number is higher than in England so they're not in a position to implement all of them
(05-10-2020, 09:36 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 08:12 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 07:50 PM)Bristolbion Wrote: I *think* I’m savvy enough to understand what they are trying to say. But there are millions who won’t understand or who will choose not to understand. Absolute fkin shambles, again. Who’d have seen that coming!!!

Be alert, stay at home, but go out whenever you want, don’t see your mom and dad or grand parents  but do see Dave from work who couldn’t careless about social distancing and hasn’t washed his hands since his first shit of the morning, it’s now 4.50pm. Drive anywhere you want particularly nice places that haven’t had many problems with the virus, manual workers off you pop on your bike and above all else do the fucking conga!

Sadly I know a few of these fuggers where I work so hopefully they'll let us work from home for a while longer
Yep this is the very reason I was one of the first to  volunteer for furlough in March when the company asked, its a struggle just have to mind the pennies but at least its my decision  whether I put myself at risk by going out.
There are a fair few apologists out and about on social media today I see. Boris' message was at best vague and left a lot of unanswered questions as to how things will work going forward. I hope that the guidance that is issued at 2pm today will clarify some of the grey areas, but it begs the question why didn't they issue the guidance 1st and then have Boris have his moment on the telly box in front of the nation? The only reason I can see is for grandstanding reasons - Boris likes to use lots of words when a few will do, he likes to use many hand gestures in the hope that it distracts from the words and he likes to bang the table to emphasise non-points - a typical modern day politician.

I for one will continue as I have been doing by working from home because I can, in fact I'll probably go out less because these new measures have increased the risk of it spreading and they have been carried out far too early. I'm just heading into the 9th week of not being in the same room as my kids - the sooner the scientific community find a vaccine the better because that is the only way we will be saved from this virus and the idiot leadership that we have.
think they have had enough of the bill for the furlough.

ive some sympathy for the goverment as in the unusualness of what they are dealing with.

they have really been behind the curve though.

boris was never the man for this situation either. what the country needs does not suit his style of delivery.

press arent helping either
With the first lockdown it was stated work from home if you can, so those who couldn’t (factories, warehouses etc) and jobs weren’t essential could continue to work.  Did I miss the announcement that non essential workers who can’t work from home must stay away from work as yesterday’s announcement stated this category can return to work.  

Must say, nice of Boris to announce at 7pm on a Sunday people have to go back to work the next day, especially for those with children that didn’t have anyone to look after their child(ren).