Boris says go back to work
(05-12-2020, 11:19 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 10:53 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 10:49 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Track back and see where the virus co.e from you should  show your disgust and those cunts who started it or do they get a free pass on it because not once have I seen any anger at those fuckpigs.

The tories have fucked up in the care homes but most of the world have to would guess.

Hold them to account  when the shitstorm is in a better place

Or alternatively hold them to account before they continue with shit decisions that cost lives. It might just sharpen their minds to make better decisions.

How's things with you and the wife Liq after the test? Hope you are feeling better mate.

All good mate went to see my dad for the first time since February 25 th even though me and the wife got the all clear I still talked to him at one end of the hall to another and I only stopped about 10 minutes  just want him to be safe .....

Thanks for asking  

I'm really angry about how care homes was down the pecking  order on this shitstorm  and I hope the government and people in charge get fucked for it bunch of idiots .

Glad to hear that Liq - and good to see your Dad as well although without football I have no idea what I'd be talking about for more than 10 minutes  Big Grin
He is getting very restless and wants to go out .
He is getting very restless and wants to go out .
(05-11-2020, 04:57 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Deaths in under 45s up to week 17 in 2019 was 6,068 compared to 6,279 in 2020 - like you say, no real worry there.
Deaths in under 65s for the same periods was 28,210 vs 32,052 - nearly an extra 4k deaths, again not massive until you look in a bit more detail and realise that virtually all of those 4k came in the 4 weeks to week 17, that's a thousand extra people of working age dying every week year on year. Is that an acceptable figure?
And then look at the deaths as a whole for the year to week 17 and then you have 229,300 against 185,519, that's an extra 44,000 people that have died up until 24th April including 40,000 in the last 4 weeks of that period - that's 10,000 extra deaths a week. And apart from the fact that these are all old and will die anyway at some point, Is that figure acceptable to you?

This weeks figures in this morbid fucking table are in, so as an update to week 18 (up to 1st May, so not including last week)

U45s - 2019 6429 vs 2020 6683, again small difference
U65s - 29,905 vs 34,353, a difference of 4.5k. Showing a slow down for the week 18 figures compared to the previous 4, so heading in the right direction.
All - 247,261 vs 196,726 - a difference of over 50k which unfortunately is still massive but actually the extra deaths in the week has reduced from the previous 4 as with U65s.

All of this whilst in lockdown. It has been an almighty gamble that the govt has taken with the timing of the release just as we start to see a reduction in the extra deaths comparitively.
(05-12-2020, 10:49 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Track back and see where the virus co.e from you should  show your disgust and those cunts who started it or do they get a free pass on it because not once have I seen any anger at those fuckpigs.

The tories have fucked up in the care homes but most of the world have to would guess.

Hold them to account  when the shitstorm is in a better place

I agree with your first paragraph; if the circulation of goods and people between countries and continents is to carry on increasing as it has, more questions do need to be asked about safety and environmental standards, and perhaps less fixation on price.

But it's reasonable to look at the other side of the equation as well: how ineffective we were in preventing the virus from reaching the UK, and then containing the spread when it did. 

There's a story about Harold MacMillan being asked what was most likely to derail a government, and him replying "Events, dear boy, events". Chances are it never actually happened, but there's still some truth in that reply, even if he never actually said it.