UK Covid death toll
(05-04-2020, 08:52 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Textbook

Textbook liberal? Yes. Textbook sick of being sectioned at home due to miniscule risk.
(05-04-2020, 08:54 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

Textbook liberal? Yes. Textbook sick of being sectioned at home due to miniscule risk.

Tell that to your dear leader.
The problem with that statement is you have stated it as a fact when you should say that you "are sick of being sectioned at home as I believe that there is minuscule risk to myself"

The other problem is that if those that are at less risk (i generally agree that a large majority are less risk btw) carry on as normal it doesn't reduce the spread. And the more spread there is the more chance that the higher risk will contract it.
I wasn't aware I was suggesting carrying on "as normal". Just not as abnormally as I'm carrying on now.
(05-04-2020, 08:44 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 07:44 AM)The liquidator Wrote: The scientists are going to take the fall for everything as the government will just say we went with science .

Given that epidemiologists don't agree with each other about this anyway I doubt the government will (or should) take the fall.

I'd much prefer we'd reacted like Sweden, where we'd all be responsible individually rather then being infantilised when in actuality very few of us are actually at risk.

I'm sure you do.

But you should realise that Sweden's death rate per 100 population far outstrips its Scandinavian counterparts.

As things stand now, the countries that appear to have done things best are ones like NZ who had a hard lockdown early, and have been able to come out of lockdown early with very few deaths.
(05-03-2020, 05:16 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 11:04 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Figures were always going to be high. Over populated small country with lots of large built up areas where there are houses with sometimes 2 generations living in a semi detached or less. Many illegal houses of multiple occupancy around housing up to 30 people in a 3 bedroom house. Lock down has no affect on these people. That's why the majority of the few Covid free places are rural. Let's hope once you've had it you're immune or the numbers will never drop imo

It’s proven that age and health have a large bearing on the chances of recovery.  So two generations in one household is no different than someone’s parents living next door.
The fact flights are still coming into the UK as though fuck all is wrong astounds me when other countries closed their borders along time ago.

Poland is a poor nation by comparison and yet they were quick to react (to Saus’s amazement lol) and they currently have 700 fatalities. 

We should have been aggressive in the “containment” phase to enable the stocking of supplies and preparing the NHS but we carried on as though nothing was wrong.  “It’s just like the flu”.
As a nation, we are so lax in our border control. A mate's son and girlfriend arrived back from Australia last week. Their airports are a model of scrutiny and security. They landed at Heathrow and just walked into the country with no restraints other than a self imposed period of quarantine. I had experience, myself, of airport security on Oz. Going over for the Ashes just after the foot and mouth outbreak. It would have been easier to walk into Fort Knox. We really need to step up on this.

How do you feel about Ayn Rand?

Minuscule is an exaggeration.
(05-04-2020, 10:55 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

How do you feel about Ayn Rand?

I feel her support for abortion rights and the Israelis in 1973 was commendable. Plenty of other things, not so much. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Have a read of this if you really want to know how I feel:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/202...lockdown2/
For those of you considering using this tracing app.

[Image: EXIPBCLU0AINkNx?format=jpg&name=medium]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/m...-18-months