My take on Moore
Great post DK but we are all frustrated from previous seasons shitness from pulis/ pardew especially with the fans not hounding pulis out sooner . As a fan the patience has run out not with DM but with the club as we have been let down to many times before and we have no confidence in the club to make any decent decisions to take us back up with Jenkins in charge this is my view anyhow .
(03-04-2019, 11:58 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Just an outsiders comment, and maybe a very simplistic one based purely on stats and a comparison with my own club, but I struggle to see what the big panic is here.

You finished bottom last year, and the only reason you weren't buried out of sight is because Darren Moore somehow turned a sunken wreck into a ship that nearly made it home.

You've since net spent something like £11m where we've net spent around £55m. You've had some cracking victories and scored a fair amount of goals to leave you in a position that realistically you'd have been satisfied with when the season began. We ermmm...haven't.

You've got a popular club legend leading you and in his first managerial post he'll make mistakes. The money in the game now means that clubs won't forgive managers or allow them to learn on the job. I don't really think that's wise. 

Decent managers aren't people who never make mistakes. They learn from them, and even if it appears that Moore isn't doing so, I'll wager that he is learning, but there will always be reasons that things happen at football clubs that outsiders know nothing of. I'm sure that unless he's a complete divvie (he clearly isn't), then steps will be taken in the long run to put things right in the future.

Finally, I've been on here long enough to know that West Brom supporters pride themselves on tolerance and on how they treat their own. Darren Moore is one of football's good guys and frankly, I think having him as a manager is worth more than just the immediate results that you're not quite getting at the moment.

'Be careful what you wish for' used to be one of the most detested statements to me, so I don't usually use it other than in jest, but on this occasion I really think it applies. I look at Stoke, then I look at West Brom. You should try it.

Fantastic
(03-04-2019, 11:58 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Just an outsiders comment, and maybe a very simplistic one based purely on stats and a comparison with my own club, but I struggle to see what the big panic is here.

You finished bottom last year, and the only reason you weren't buried out of sight is because Darren Moore somehow turned a sunken wreck into a ship that nearly made it home.

You've since net spent something like £11m where we've net spent around £55m. You've had some cracking victories and scored a fair amount of goals to leave you in a position that realistically you'd have been satisfied with when the season began. We ermmm...haven't.

You've got a popular club legend leading you and in his first managerial post he'll make mistakes. The money in the game now means that clubs won't forgive managers or allow them to learn on the job. I don't really think that's wise. 

Decent managers aren't people who never make mistakes. They learn from them, and even if it appears that Moore isn't doing so, I'll wager that he is learning, but there will always be reasons that things happen at football clubs that outsiders know nothing of. I'm sure that unless he's a complete divvie (he clearly isn't), then steps will be taken in the long run to put things right in the future.

Finally, I've been on here long enough to know that West Brom supporters pride themselves on tolerance and on how they treat their own. Darren Moore is one of football's good guys and frankly, I think having him as a manager is worth more than just the immediate results that you're not quite getting at the moment.

'Be careful what you wish for' used to be one of the most detested statements to me, so I don't usually use it other than in jest, but on this occasion I really think it applies. I look at Stoke, then I look at West Brom. You should try it.

Top stuff DK.

There's a piece in the E&D today by Moore saying he isn't afraid to rip it up and start again this season and I believe him. Some people seem to forget he's already done it this season.

When the 3 at the back experiment started to go tits he changed it around and we went 4-3-3. Now that's looking dodgy I'm convinced he'll change it again.

I've a feeling we might see a 442 this weekend. Or a 4312 type formation.

Long way to go yet imo. Someone in the top 3 will get the yips as it starts to get squeaky. We just have to hope that it hits two of em!  Big Grin

Probably the best post I've ever read on 'ere.

Spot on DK.

Sometimes as a fan you are more likely not to see the wood for the trees.
(03-04-2019, 12:26 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Great  post DK but we are all frustrated from previous seasons shitness from pulis/ pardew especially with the fans not hounding pulis out sooner . As a fan  the patience has run out not with DM but with the club as we have been let down to many times before and we have no confidence in the club to make any decent decisions to take us back up with Jenkins in charge this is my view anyhow .

I'm bound to look at things from a Stoke perspective mate, so you'll understand why I see things a tad differently, given the opposite trajectories our clubs have been on since the this season started and the respective amounts spent to get us both to where we are.

I appreciate that West Brom fans are only going to look at their own team, and the drop off in form will cause frustrations. I've not read every post on this thread and similar ones, but from what I've seen, there seems to have been a fair amount of talk as to when or whether the manager should be sacked. 

I've rarely commented on anything to do with Darren Moore, but I look at the comments from your supporters about the state of your club, then I look at the utter clusterfuck that my club has become, and to me, it's just a bit of a headscratcher. 

I'm not saying I'm right and anyone who thinks differently is wrong. If someone thinks I'm talking utter bollocks, well, it might be that I am. Sometimes though, hopefully it's good to have a different or an outside view.
(03-04-2019, 10:58 AM)richbaggie Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 10:36 AM)brada_wba Wrote: 'players would run through brick walls for him'

Are you watching the same West Brom that I have all season? Laziest bunch of players I've seen in many years for us.

This was absolutely proven on Friday night when Leeds completely dominated us off the ball, despite having less rest before the game.

Darren Moore's inability to motivate the team until they go a goal down at home is somehow being blamed on the home fans for not singing enough. Bizarre.

You are the only person I have seen call them lazy since DM took over. 
Given the hundreds, thousands of comments made by so many, I would suggest you are talking out your arse.

I went to Sheff Wed at home, and despite us not playing particularly well, I did enjoy the game. The reason being the sheer determined desire of the team not to be beaten, despite not playing well, not getting the run of the ball during the game, having a player unjustifiably sent off. We kept going to the very last, in the end we could have and I think probably deserved to snatch a winner.

That has to come from the manager, because it wasn't there for the majority of the previous season.
Wise words DK and honest as well from a supporter who has every right to be disappointed with the season.

The point about the money sloshing around in the game being an obstacle to managerial development and trust
is so true, I truly despair hearing or reading supporters talking up financial matters and success above opportunity
and achievement, but it is now common place in the game.
(03-04-2019, 01:23 PM)Beano Wrote: Wise words DK and honest as well from a supporter who has every right to be disappointed with the season.

The point about the money sloshing around in the game being an obstacle to managerial development and trust
is so true, I truly despair hearing or reading supporters talking up financial matters and success above opportunity
and achievement, but it is now common place in the game.

Well said. Without wishing to mock you either we are higher in the league than both Stoke and Swansea

Top post DK, I remember being totally envious of the business you did in the summer, especially getting Allen and Butland to stay, I still think you have one of, if not the best squads in the division but it just hasn’t worked for you this season

Big summer ahead for Jones and the club pal

Cuzer