Leicester Localised Lockdown
(06-28-2020, 11:21 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 11:08 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 11:06 AM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 10:52 AM)Pipkins Wrote: No great surprise there as in many areas large BAME population

With many having their own community within a community 
I was led to believe within their own community many of the occupants still dont speak english

Surely that would have a huge impact on dealing with this

1. Large population of one the most vulnerable groups
2. Densely populated 
3. Higher number of multi generational households than usual
4. Failure to observe lockdown since day one

Inevitable I’m afraid.t
At the risk of lighting the bonfire, this (from my experience) is true.

I’ve been in 3 Asian shops In Soarkbook recently and in every store everyone strictly adhered to social distancing and wouldn’t walk down an aisle until it was clear.  Totally different to mainstream supermarkets  eat to where I live.

Went to one very early one, a superb shop and my favourite it's called Sharif and Sons in Dudley. If you can't get what you're looking for in there you won't get it - and I've been down the Soho Road more times than I can remember.

The staff were wearing masks etc but the customers didn't give a shite. And the was literally in week one when there was no traffic on the road etc. 

Just an observation.
Leicester locked down is a stupid move
(06-29-2020, 09:09 PM)Albionbaggie2019 Wrote: Leicester locked down is a stupid move

Why? It’s infection rate accounts for 10% of current infection across the U.K. What would do?
Also important to remember that the total number of Coronavirus infections in Leicester since the pandemic first struck the UK is not out of the ordinary.

What is unusual is that it is happening now.

An illustration of the risks in easing restrictions and what can happen. And more importantly a test for the Govt in how they will handle these localised outbreaks when they do happen.
(06-30-2020, 07:36 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Also important to remember that the total number of Coronavirus infections in Leicester since the pandemic first struck the UK is not out of the ordinary.

An illustration of the risks in easing restrictions and what can happen. And more importantly a test for the Govt in how they will handle these localised outbreaks when they do happen.

Can’t go non essential shopping, go to the pub etc just pop over to Nottingham, or Derby?
(06-30-2020, 07:49 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-30-2020, 07:36 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Also important to remember that the total number of Coronavirus infections in Leicester since the pandemic first struck the UK is not out of the ordinary.

Can’t go non essential shopping, go to the pub etc just pop over to Nottingham, or Derby?

Any local lockdown is going to prove much more difficult to put in place and police than
the national one. It will be totally down to community effort and mindset, and you can be
sure that many will see themselves as victims rather than being protected. Given the 
potential language issue, it is a real test for track and trace which i fear is far from ready
For such a test.
(06-30-2020, 10:44 AM)PeakBaggie Wrote:

Any local lockdown is going to prove much more difficult to put in place and police than
the national one. It will be totally down to community effort and mindset, and you can be
sure that many will see themselves as victims rather than being protected. Given the 
potential language issue, it is a real test for track and trace which i fear is far from ready
For such a test.

Language issue??
(06-30-2020, 06:22 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

For such a test.

Language issue??
Yes. have you been watching the news? Many non English speaking there who have not got the message through- lack of notices in their language also cited as part of the issue.
(06-30-2020, 06:22 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

For such a test.

Languagtee issue? 

A great number of the community do not have English-speaking skills, information generated 
within the City can probably deal with this problem but from central government less so.
The only way the lock down will work is if there are manned road blocks

Sadly the majority of citizens in the UK have attitude of its doesn't affect me

So people will travel into open areas to get what they want

Effectively spreading it further 

It works in Germany & other countries so should work here

Otherwise people will travel to neighbouring areas just to shop in Ikea B&Q Primani etc