Lovers of chocolate
I didn’t realise this but the FDA permits 4% of chocolate to be ground up cockroaches!!!

Obviously not opening publicised but All chocolate you consume contains ground up cockroaches. 

Considering the weight of cockroaches a 100g bar contains up to 16 cockroaches 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.sternen...olate/amp/
That's like rat poison in cocaine they still have it
I thought it was the just the sugar content we had to worry about.
That takes it to another level.
It’s the cockroaches that give it the flavour.
Insects are the most sustainable protein source on the planet, we should be embracing this.
I certainly haven't a clue what the rules are that govern what can / can't go in Cadbury's chocolate, but in France it's not available. Mars Nestle are but no Cadbury. I think it's related to it's additives and being called chocolate? Bit strange when the main Dairy Milk manufacturing site is in France.
(02-13-2020, 10:37 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: I certainly haven't a clue what the rules are that govern what can / can't go in Cadbury's chocolate, but in France it's not available. Mars Nestle are but no Cadbury. I think it's related to it's additives and being called chocolate? Bit strange when the main Dairy Milk manufacturing site is in France.

It's the use of vegetable fat they have an issue with. Making foie gras by ramming a pipe down a goose's throat three times a day to force-feed it is obviously totally okay, though. After all, forcing a liver to go 10 times it's normal size is totally natural - especially compared to adding vegetable fat to chocolate.

Back to the original point, I think grain has a similar 'tolerance' allowance for rat and mouse shit.
I do not eat any chocolate made in the USA produced under FDA standards. I enjoy Cadbury’s which comes under the U.K.s FSA standards which do not allow any contaminates.
My mom spent a few months working at the Mitchells and Butlers brewery on Cape Hill during the early 1950s. She told me there were nearly always dead rats in the brewing vats. Drank themselves stupid after falling in, drowned and then became part of the brewing process. Serving rat's piss may have contributed to Mitchells and Butlers downfall. This has fuck all to do with the manufacture and consumption of chocolate but I thought I'd share all the same. Cheers  Big Grin  .
(02-14-2020, 12:14 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: My mom spent a few months working at the Mitchells and Butlers brewery on Cape Hill during the early 1950s. She told me there were nearly always dead rats in the brewing vats. Drank themselves stupid after falling in, drowned and then became part of the brewing process. Serving rat's piss may have contributed to Mitchells and Butlers downfall. This has fuck all to do with the manufacture and consumption of chocolate but I thought I'd share all the same. Cheers  Big Grin  .

The same was said for the Bulmers Cider brewers in Hereford. Although the dead rat practice has been banned I still believe they hang meat in the vats to recreate the flavour.