Jon Walters
Jack Charlton had the right idea, disrespect me and I won't just send you off. I will put you on a plane and banish you for good. Job done. Far to much treating players with kid gloves in today's world.
I was at uni in Manchester during the 2002 World Cup and had a mate who was from Hale Barnes, which is an incredibly posh part of Cheshire where many United players, including Keane, lived. My mate invited a few of us back to his parents to watch an Ireland match, as we were driving through the village Keane and his dog stepped out in front of the car, brakes were slammed on On we stopped inches from him.

He just stood there glaring at us. Didn’t move, didn’t flinch.
He was a great footballer, but IMO he wasn't so much of a bully as just mentally unstable. His blatant leg breaking tackle on Haaland, that he openly declared he would do at Man Citey warranted a jail sentence.
Keane was a good player, granted. Not so sure about the `hard man` bit. Got away with stuff because he was at Man U perhaps.
Remember seeing him play against Real Madrid, who had a great player, Fernando Redondo, class Argie midfielder who could be a bit of a nutter. In the first minute , Roy bodychecked him. Cue delight from Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend, `Roy straight in, showing who`s boss ` etc. Redondo nutted Keane shoved him over and stood there making cut throat gestures. Strangely, Roy never went near him after.
His World Cup walk out was to promote his first book.
He also bottled it in a game when up against Steffan Effenburg
(09-11-2019, 09:41 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Keane was a good player, granted. Not so sure about the `hard man` bit. Got away with stuff because he was at Man U perhaps.
Remember seeing him play against Real Madrid, who had a great player, Fernando Redondo, class Argie midfielder who could be a bit of a nutter. In the first minute , Roy bodychecked him. Cue delight from Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend, `Roy straight in, showing who`s boss ` etc. Redondo nutted Keane shoved him over and stood there making cut throat gestures. Strangely, Roy never went near him after.

Correct
(09-10-2019, 09:45 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 09:00 PM)Squid Wrote: Keane once tried mouthing off at Big Dave and he wiped the floor with him.

When was this?

Barnsley v Ipswich. Scroll down a bit to read it.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/davi...-up-354495
Good player but I never saw him as a great player

For me couldn't lace the boots of Bryan Robson or Scholes

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(09-12-2019, 09:29 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Good player but I never saw him as a great player

For me couldn't lace the boots of Bryan Robson or Scholes

Cuzer

Completely different player to Scholes, not really a fair comparison.