For those that voted Tory at the last elect what is there to be proud of?
(03-18-2019, 07:56 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Has there ever been a worse government?

Not in my time, led I might add by the two worst PM's for some time. However, I don't want to spend the future looking
backwards and simply cursing the last cross that I put on the ballot paper for my MP, I want to look with hope and with
trust to who might replace them and that is when I truly feel depressed. Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbot could never
get my X despite the rabble they might replace.

Despite the breakdown in society, I can see nothing other than another Tory win albeit perhaps another hung parliament.
(03-19-2019, 08:53 AM)Beano Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 07:56 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Has there ever been a worse government?

Not in my time, led I might add by the two worst PM's for some time. However, I don't want to spend the future looking
backwards and simply cursing the last cross that I put on the ballot paper for my MP, I want to look with hope and with
trust to who might replace them and that is when I truly feel depressed. Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbot could never
get my X
despite the rabble they might replace.

Despite the breakdown in society, I can see nothing other than another Tory win albeit perhaps another hung parliament.

This is the problem with this country and its archaic voting system, the fact that Labour are somehow the only alternative.

Democracy should be about who is best to represent you, not who do you want to keep out.
(03-19-2019, 09:14 AM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 08:53 AM)Beano Wrote:

get my X
despite the rabble they might replace.

This is the problem with this country and its archaic voting system, the fact that Labour are somehow the only alternative.

Democracy should be about who is best to represent you, not who do you want to keep out.

Absolutely, but the problem with that simplistic approach is that once the man or woman of great principle and
representation gets to Westminster, they vote and behave on party lines not on the local issues.

Getting that speed camera at the local black spot is great, but landing Corbyn and Co with it, is not so great so
Democracy has to be a balance of views.
(03-18-2019, 09:52 PM)Sotv Wrote: The fact is that we were running a huge deficit thanks to the flagrant spending / vote buying of labour, if you dont think we needed to reign in that spending then you are part of the problem.
I suppose you would prefer we did nothing with regards to illegal immigration? As for windrush, that is a classic case of what i am on about when i say leftards try to pin everything unpleasant on a particular party. It was labour who decided to destroy the landing cards of the windrush immigrants when they were in power in 2009. Tell me what exaclty is wrong with putting illegal immigrants on notice like the vans were designed to ? So what if it upsets the professional offence takers of the country.
I have serious doubts that police cuts have much to do with the increase in knife crime. Its yet more political posturing by the left and police chiefs who will always argue they need more money and use any tool they can to do so. I'm also unsure that the type of kids getting involved selling drugs and gangs would be at all swayed by the opportunity to join their local youth club and play table tennis instead, but i suppose that doesnt give you any poltitical ammunition. Gang crime has far more to do with the fact that half these kids have parents who dont give a fuck about them rather than anything the governemt has done. And no, its not down to the government to provide a replacement family. Crime rates actually dropped for the 1st few years after the tories were elected, you know when austerity was at its hardest. Do you really think things would be better with Diane Abbott running the home office? The cause of crime is far more complex than a few youth services and coppers being cut. You know that but chose to use it as poltical beating stick.
I have a disabled brother who  currently drives a brand new mercedes paid for from benefits given to him, yep he is really suffering from this cruel government. Much like the mother of a severely disabled child i know who has overnight care every night and has been on 3 holidays this year. I'm not saying they shouldn't have these things, but it does expose your generalising and talking utter crap.  These are real life cases i know of, but no doubt you will dismiss them as anecdotal in favour of some figures plucked from the guardian or suchlike but that is the reality i know of.
Basically you regurgitate any old crap as long as it suits your left wing agenda Derek, its no wonder so many think you talk shit

The people on here that think I “talk shit” make me all the more convinced I’m talking wisely and from an informed position. The arguments you put forward I’ve heard bandied about by ‘righthards’ frequently and are no less agenda driven or sweeping than anything I have written. For every anecdote you put forward as proof I can put one, two, three that contradicts them.

You assume that I’m talking from a position of ignorance and no experience with regards to many of the failures of this government? Having worked in prisons, with the disabled, education, Carers etc for over twenty years I think I’m slightly more informed than people who sit in an office performing an IT role for example.
(03-19-2019, 11:05 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 09:52 PM)Sotv Wrote: The fact is that we were running a huge deficit thanks to the flagrant spending / vote buying of labour, if you dont think we needed to reign in that spending then you are part of the problem.
I suppose you would prefer we did nothing with regards to illegal immigration? As for windrush, that is a classic case of what i am on about when i say leftards try to pin everything unpleasant on a particular party. It was labour who decided to destroy the landing cards of the windrush immigrants when they were in power in 2009. Tell me what exaclty is wrong with putting illegal immigrants on notice like the vans were designed to ? So what if it upsets the professional offence takers of the country.
I have serious doubts that police cuts have much to do with the increase in knife crime. Its yet more political posturing by the left and police chiefs who will always argue they need more money and use any tool they can to do so. I'm also unsure that the type of kids getting involved selling drugs and gangs would be at all swayed by the opportunity to join their local youth club and play table tennis instead, but i suppose that doesnt give you any poltitical ammunition. Gang crime has far more to do with the fact that half these kids have parents who dont give a fuck about them rather than anything the governemt has done. And no, its not down to the government to provide a replacement family. Crime rates actually dropped for the 1st few years after the tories were elected, you know when austerity was at its hardest. Do you really think things would be better with Diane Abbott running the home office? The cause of crime is far more complex than a few youth services and coppers being cut. You know that but chose to use it as poltical beating stick.
I have a disabled brother who  currently drives a brand new mercedes paid for from benefits given to him, yep he is really suffering from this cruel government. Much like the mother of a severely disabled child i know who has overnight care every night and has been on 3 holidays this year. I'm not saying they shouldn't have these things, but it does expose your generalising and talking utter crap.  These are real life cases i know of, but no doubt you will dismiss them as anecdotal in favour of some figures plucked from the guardian or suchlike but that is the reality i know of.
Basically you regurgitate any old crap as long as it suits your left wing agenda Derek, its no wonder so many think you talk shit

The people on here that think I “talk shit” make me all the more convinced I’m talking wisely and from an informed position. The arguments you put forward I’ve heard bandied about by ‘righthards’ frequently and are no less agenda driven or sweeping than anything I have written. For every anecdote you put forward as proof I can put one, two, three that contradicts them.

You assume that I’m talking from a position of ignorance and no experience with regards to many of the failures of this government? Having worked in prisons, with the disabled, education, Carers etc for over twenty years I think I’m slightly more informed than people who sit in an office performing an IT role for example.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with you. Carry on the good work.
Well, they've put national debt in the trillions. That took some doing. Well done.
The only retort I get now from those that voted for them is that Brexit is somehow also the fault of Corbyn.
Austerity is over, apparently.
If the only alternative to Corbyn was Boris Shitbrains, and Albion appointed Sam Allardyce, I'd sit on the bog and pull the chain.
(03-19-2019, 11:05 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

The people on here that think I “talk shit” make me all the more convinced I’m talking wisely and from an informed position. The arguments you put forward I’ve heard bandied about by ‘righthards’ frequently and are no less agenda driven or sweeping than anything I have written. For every anecdote you put forward as proof I can put one, two, three that contradicts them but am
unwilling to provide this proof here.

You assume that I’m talking from a position of ignorance and no experience with regards to many of the failures of this government? Having had my wages paid for from the public purse for over twenty years I think I’m slightly more inclined to favour ineffective public spending than people who sit in an office performing an IT role for example.

Fixed for you

(03-19-2019, 08:14 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: The fact that people like Sotv actually exist makes me f*cking weep.

To answer the question, no there has not been a worse government that I can remember. Surely there is no way that anyone with a human conscience can vote for them again.

ps. I'm not a particularly big Corbyn fan but he obviously isn't a "terrorist lover" and I'm yet to hear of anything that I regard as *actually* anti-semitic that has come out of the Labour party

Of course he isn’t, I mean supporting the IRA (then lying it was about the peace process despite no one involved in the peace process ever remembering him being present at any relevant meetings) and placing a wreath on the grave of a black September member is all perfectly normal.
As for not seeing anything anti Semitic coming from labour, that just about sums up the problem
the party has.