Comedians
Anyone mentioned Boris Johnson yet
I'm shocked at Jim Davidson getting a few mentions. I had the misfortune to witness his show at Lakeside when he was supposedly in his prime. Simply not funny at all.
To be contrary now, my mate saw Bernard Manning at Barbarellas (I think). Reckoned he tailored the jokes to the crowd and was genuinely hilarious.
Can't believe nobody's mentioned Dave Chapelle yet. Brilliant. I must have watched this sketch (language a bit nsfw) countless times https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXoErL2...lixIsAJoke
Best I’ve seen

Peter Kay
Bill Bailey
Rhod Gilbert
Greg Davies
Ricky Jervais

Worst

Lee Evans - boring, gurney and sweaty
Rob Bishop - wouldn’t have looked out of place on the 70s Comedians.
Al Murray - I like him but his stand-up pub landlord persona is not for me
Rob Bishop?
(10-15-2021, 11:38 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Rob Bishop?

John, sorry I was that bored at his show that I even got his name wrong Stan Boardman was better!  Big Grin
(10-15-2021, 07:34 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'm shocked at Jim Davidson getting a few mentions. I had the misfortune to witness his show at Lakeside when he was supposedly in his prime. Simply not funny at all.
To be contrary now, my mate saw Bernard Manning at Barbarellas (I think). Reckoned he tailored the jokes to the crowd and was genuinely hilarious.

Interesting. I saw Davidson in the mid 90s, was funny as, bang on the money with everything he came out with. I saw Manning not long before he died, he was garbage. Just shows that it'd be dull if we all liked the same stuff!

(10-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Best I’ve seen

Peter Kay
Bill Bailey
Rhod Gilbert
Greg Davies
Ricky Jervais

Worst

Lee Evans - boring, gurney and sweaty
Rob Bishop - wouldn’t have looked out of place on the 70s Comedians.
Al Murray - I like him but his stand-up pub landlord persona is not for me

I saw Kay a few times before he became so huge, his biggest problem was re-hashing the same material and jokes from the previous years... By the third time of seeing him you could almost finish his gags for him. Lee Evans also did the same thing, but to a much lesser degree.
Bernard manning, mick miller, jim davidson
(10-15-2021, 07:34 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'm shocked at Jim Davidson getting a few mentions. I had the misfortune to witness his show at Lakeside when he was supposedly in his prime. Simply not funny at all.

I saw him at a club in Wales. He was brilliant.