France going into a 3rd national lockdown
Not good on the continent. Thank fugg we are miles ahead of them on the vaccination front. Looks like staycations only this summer
With 'friends' like this, it's just as well: ""You might feel very happy on your little island when you are all vaccinated, but your island might feel very small when you cannot leave it because your neighbors are not vaccinated," one senior diplomat told CNN." https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/27/europ...index.html

However, I am not sure, "We have made such a mess of the vaccination programme that you won't be able to holiday here and spend your money in our tourist industries. Ha ha ha, take that, Brexiters!" is the winning like the diplomat seems to think.
Macron is rapidly morphing into Europe's Trump. It's fucking hilarious.
Absolute car crash over there, how the fuck they can ban AZ to over 65s then change that to under 60s, then stop using it altogether and then complain they haven't been given their fair share of the vaccine is beyond parody. Staycations this year folks and lets be thankful we have managed to forge ahead on rolling out the vaccine without the politics getting in the way.
the bizarre determination to keep schools open and the slow rollout of vaccinations has really cost us (alongside the idiotic banning of AZ). This lockdown isn't anywhere near as severe as lockdown 1, a year ago fortunately. No attestations required before 7pm and within 10km of your home. the 10km radius is a bit annoying for those of us who live in a steep valley meaning that we can only go 10km on one axis as the others are blocked by mountains!

The anti-Macron graffiti is all over the place now. Not sure where the comparisons to Trump have come from though? 6 months ago I'd have said France was doing well, they just overplayed their hand and fucked up their vaccines.

Still - its only 4 weeks with schools shut for 3 of them. The vaccination programme has been ramped up hugely now. I should get mine hopefully before moving back to the UK in the summer.
(04-01-2021, 09:16 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: the bizarre determination to keep schools open and the slow rollout of vaccinations has really cost us (alongside the idiotic banning of AZ). This lockdown isn't anywhere near as severe as lockdown 1, a year ago fortunately. No attestations required before 7pm and within 10km of your home. the 10km radius is a bit annoying for those of us who live in a steep valley meaning that we can only go 10km on one axis as the others are blocked by mountains!

The anti-Macron graffiti is all over the place now. Not sure where the comparisons to Trump have come from though? 6 months ago I'd have said France was doing well, they just overplayed their hand and fucked up their vaccines.

Still - its only 4 weeks with schools shut for 3 of them. The vaccination programme has been ramped up hugely now. I should get mine hopefully before moving back to the UK in the summer.

Not sure where the comparisons to Trump have come from?

Have you missed the dangerous untruths he's been purveying for several months?
Such as?
(04-01-2021, 12:28 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Such as?

Virtually every time he opens his mouth about Astra Zeneca or the UK's vaccine rollout for a start.
He was wrong to ban AZ, has rescinded it and has publicly had that vaccine himself. I can't recall anything controversial he's said about the UKs vaccine rollout but happy to be pointed towards something.

I don't see anything Trumpian about these things tbh? Saying that he's been purveying dangerous untruths for several months (the AZ stuff was only within the last month) comes off as pretty laughable hyperbole. And I don't even like the guy.
It was beyond Trumpian to cast doubt on the safety of the AZ vaccine just because EU procurement was a joke.