FAO All Posters
Nice to see the post has had the desired effect to stop the baiting and return the bored to a semblance of normality.

*slaps head*
(03-14-2021, 08:47 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 08:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Well said Birdie.

Threads mocking homosexuality (which some mods actively encouraged) the said writer to continue have sickened me for many years, which I and other posters tried, unsuccessfully to stop.

Good riddance LAVVRO

LAVVRO wasn’t going to be back, it’s no longer appropriate. But your faux outrage is perhaps a little at odds with both a) your misogynistic conquests with which you once bragged to the bored, and b) the homophobic insult you once sent me by PM - a picture of which I still have somewhere - over something totally different. 

Aside from that, applaud the above. This place has been on the slide in terms of conduct to one another and in general since we were all locked away. Hard to believe at times that we all support the same team.

I thought it was just me that received certain ‘private messages’ from FF. Evidently not.
Yeah ok. I’m sure it was just that, you’ve never crossed the line when it comes to women, and this tee-shirt didn’t exist. To quote a recent phrase, recollections definitely may vary! Especially when it comes to your unaddressed PM. Glass houses much!

LAVVRO was never intended to be a homophobic, more mocking the guy for being a bit camp, entirely fictional, and - since he’s a happily married man with kids - pretty harmless. I think most with any semblance of intelligence could not have much difficulty deducing that, but don’t miss the chance for a superiority opportunity.

I also apologise to anyone with a speech impediment out there for Mowbray.
(03-14-2021, 09:00 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 08:47 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 08:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Well said Birdie.

Threads mocking homosexuality (which some mods actively encouraged) the said writer to continue have sickened me for many years, which I and other posters tried, unsuccessfully to stop.

Good riddance LAVVRO

LAVVRO wasn’t going to be back, it’s no longer appropriate. But your faux outrage is perhaps a little at odds with both a) your misogynistic conquests with which you once bragged to the bored, and b) the homophobic insult you once sent me by PM - a picture of which I still have somewhere - over something totally different. 

Aside from that, applaud the above. This place has been on the slide in terms of conduct to one another and in general since we were all locked away. Hard to believe at times that we all support the same team.

I thought it was just me that received certain ‘private messages’ from FF. Evidently not.

No, I’ve sent good, bad and indifferent PM’s to people
over the years.  

Good point well brought up Dumbo.  Bored bullying.  That’s something else the mods need to keep an eye out for. Not difficult to miss.  When one starts, another “usual suspect” soon comes along to wade in.
Pathetic...
(03-14-2021, 09:14 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Pathetic...

Very constrictive as always.  Good post Confused
Nothing more to add. You came into a thread looking to start an argument and then a pathetic post about being bullied after you've been called out for being a hypocrite.
(03-14-2021, 09:26 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Nothing more to add. You came into a thread looking to start an argument and then a pathetic post about being bullied after you've been called out for being a hypocrite.

Did I write I was being “bullied”?  May I suggest you read the thread again and perhaps a little bit more carefully next time, and read what is actually written not what you think is written.

Anyhow. I’m off to bed now as I’m up at 5am tomorrow to go walking.
You’ve a thankless task keeping people in check Mods. Free speech comes with consequences and just because you can say something really doesn’t mean you should. Think most of the sensible posters are supportive of this stance.
Just a message to say I appreciate the job you're doing BM