WBAUnofficial
Home deliveries - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Home deliveries (/showthread.php?tid=9825)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Home deliveries - Remi_Moses - 04-06-2020

Ordered a home delivery from Morisson's 3 weeks ago.

It arrived today with 60% of items missing. I expect 1 or 2 items to maybe out of stock but 60% ?
I can't believe they have no basics like Chicken - Boiled Ham - Chops - Bacon - Gravey - Crisps - Chocolate - Washing up liguid, Dog chews, etc.
I have to arrange an additional shopping trip now and I have no confidence in using a home delivery service again.
Anybody else using one of these services, don't be disappointed with what you get or don't get in fact.

RE: Home deliveries - Juan Quidonqui - 04-06-2020

Been having our deliveries from Morrison’s and there has been one or two items unavailable and the odd item substituted but certainly not 60% like you.
Biggest problem I’m having now is booking a slot. Managed to reserve slots a couple of weeks ago for the next two weeks but in recent days I just can’t book anything more for future dates.
It’s a strange old world when your biggest concern in life is whether you can get a food delivery slot !

RE: Home deliveries - Remi_Moses - 04-06-2020

I'd rather not go out from lockdown as a high risk person. God knows how the old infirm people are getting on. But not much choice now. And as for booking any new home deliveries forget it.

RE: Home deliveries - Fulham Fallout - 04-07-2020

I used to use Morrison’s for my mom until a year ago and with a delivery date a few days away from ordering the food, every delivery there’d be items unavailable. I had wondered what they’d be like a year on and with a 3 week wait from order to delivery.

RE: Home deliveries - Ossian - 04-07-2020

Sainsbury's have had a year's worth of new applicants for home deliveries in the last 3 weeks. Unless you allow substitutions - which can be a bit of a lottery in the present circumstances - it's impossible to predict what will actually turn up.

RE: Home deliveries - Babel - 04-07-2020

Natal clinic better?

RE: Home deliveries - wba13 - 04-07-2020

Sainsbury’s oldbury delivery this morning, ordered £90 quids worth of groceries everything other than a pot of jam turned up with no substitutes. That is better than a normal weekly delivery.

RE: Home deliveries - SW4Baggie - 04-07-2020

Sainsbury’s have actually been very good throughout this period - which is surprising as their availability in store is generally awful in my experience.

Numbers I’ve seen suggested that the whole UK bought / spent over 25% more on groceries in the week before lockdown... even with a couple of weeks of lower than normal shoppers in store that’s the kind of short, sharp shock that supply chains take a hell of a long time to recover from.

RE: Home deliveries - DAVE - 04-07-2020

Pre COVID the best substitution I ever had (Ocado) was a pack of tenna ladies instead of nappies.

RE: Home deliveries - karlalb10n - 04-07-2020

3 vegetable orders not available in my sister's delivery from Asda so they sent her 3 Savoy cabbages!