WBAUnofficial
Who still has to go to work? - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Who still has to go to work? (/showthread.php?tid=9680)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Who still has to go to work? - 4-hero - 03-28-2020

Virgin media digging up a garden in my street as I type , what sort of cunt would A - Send them to a house to fit cable TV? B - Let them on their property to fit it ?

RE: Who still has to go to work? - The liquidator - 03-28-2020

Now that is a pisstake !

RE: Who still has to go to work? - Three Degrees - 03-28-2020

Got my letter to tell me to stay away for 12 weeks from Wed .Skeleton staff on if orders keep coming in but the way its dropped off cant see it being open for anyone in a few weeks .Getting 80% of pay so count myself lucky compared to some altough the have the option to make it up to 100% ive got more chance of winning the lottery and the added bonus of not seeing the antics of the arse licking grassing bastards i have to deal with .

RE: Who still has to go to work? - Tom Joad - 03-28-2020

I closed for two days to reflect on the lockdown announcement. I've reluctantly gone back, operating a skeleton service but I'd be more content to close altogether. My work is maintenance and all outdoors and solitary so I can carry on without seeing a soul but I didn't feel comfortable being another van on the road. I've cancelled any work that does involve going into premises for an initial 3 weeks, this was well accepted by customers. There are many I do that I can just go, do the job and come back. It's my drive to theirs and no contact etc. Safer than going for a walk and certainly safer than going to a supermarket. Yet I still don't feel happy with this. I'm thinking of wording an email in such a manner that it's final and I won't be coming.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - Jiggy_Marley - 03-28-2020

Both Mrs Marley and I work for the NHS, I'm an analyst and she's been training this week to work as an ICU nurse at the QE. Thankfully the bairns' school has been tremendous and have been looking after the kids three days a week.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - SausEggBaton - 03-28-2020

I suppose I'm a little confused.

1. Why is the police going to stop me if I'm driving around?

2. Why do I need a letter for the police if they stop me?

This all sounds a little stupid if true.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - TETLEY74 - 03-28-2020

Our place is still operating as we're an Hgv dealer keeping trucks on the road all be it now essential services, food delivery medical, municipal, utilities, however they've furlough 65% of the groups workforce as only need skeleton staff, I volunteered and finished yesterday couldn't gey away quick enough to be honest feel alot safer staying at home,only problem wife's given me a huge list of jobs to do, not sure if I made the right choice  Rolleyes

RE: Who still has to go to work? - Jiggy_Marley - 03-28-2020

(03-28-2020, 01:20 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I suppose I'm a little confused.

1. Why is the police going to stop me if I'm driving around?

2. Why do I need a letter for the police if they stop me?

This all sounds a little stupid if true.

Suppose they're thinking that if people are driving around making journeys that aren't really necessary, there's a chance that they will have a break down or a collision which means that they'll have to provide much needed resources to help sort it out.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - sickParrot - 03-28-2020

I haven’t been to any client sites this month. I decided that it wasn’t worth the risk. There were a few raised eyebrows at first but over the last few days, the last of the stragglers have seen the light and sent people home.

Luckily I am able to do 99% of work from my home office and most of the meetings I’ve moved to phone or online were basically unseat travel.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - The liquidator - 03-28-2020

My wife has been furloughed and st John's ambulance are topping the other 20% .