WBAUnofficial
Who still has to go to work? - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Who still has to go to work? (/showthread.php?tid=9680)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Who still has to go to work? - baggpuss - 03-28-2020

Our place has issued us all with letters to show police if we are stopped stating that we cannot work from home therefore must travel to work as per the Government guidelines.
No sanitizer (can't get it!) and social distancing rules regularly flaunted!
Oh - Management and office staff welcome to WFH!!

RE: Who still has to go to work? - The liquidator - 03-28-2020

You sound like you work at my place ,we have got sanitser got my own dusk mask and my own disinfectant for the van and wipes .....you have to look after yourself .
Oh and hand wash aswell

RE: Who still has to go to work? - baggpuss - 03-28-2020

(03-28-2020, 09:52 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You sound like you work at my place ,we have got sanitser got my own dusk mask and my own disinfectant for the van and wipes .....you have to look after yourself .
Oh and hand wash aswell

I wish!

RE: Who still has to go to work? - tiptontown - 03-28-2020

Yes, I'm still working. Got the letter too and got plenty of wipes and hand wash at work and it isn't too overcrowded in the work place so able to keep a decent social distance most of the time, but that doesn't always work out unfortunately.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - coxy134 - 03-28-2020

I am working, have to as I work in Sewage treatment.

Drive around in a van, so pretty obvious I am working, My son is type 1 diabetic and I am asthmatic so I am working 6-2 and restricting to work on my own as much as possible.

Suspect over next few weeks our manning levels will be hit hard which could impact on water supply/ etc.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - Morley - 03-28-2020

(03-28-2020, 10:17 AM)coxy134 Wrote: I am working, have to as I work in Sewage treatment.

Drive around in a van, so pretty obvious I am working, My son is type 1 diabetic and I am asthmatic so I am working 6-2 and restricting to work on my own as much as possible.

Suspect over next few weeks our manning levels will be hit hard which could impact on water supply/ etc.

That doesn't sound good.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - cornishbaggie - 03-28-2020

Yep still working, very lucky as I only need limited time in the office then the rest of the day spent on my own in the middle of the Cornish countryside. Also got my letter.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - johntoewba - 03-28-2020

A lot of companies are flaunting this . If it’s a serious as the government are making out there could be a lot of blood on companies hands....

RE: Who still has to go to work? - Cunninghamismagic - 03-28-2020

We've all been told not to come into the offices. Been that way for 2 weeks. Been working from home bar a couple of days off with illness.

RE: Who still has to go to work? - The liquidator - 03-28-2020

(03-28-2020, 10:53 AM)johntoewba Wrote: A lot of companies are flaunting this . If it’s a serious as the government are making out there could be a lot of blood on companies hands....

My company said we will be busier as hardly no cars on the road ..they dont give a flying fuck .