WBAUnofficial
Louie Barry - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Louie Barry (/showthread.php?tid=8228)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Louie Barry - albion_pigeon - 01-07-2020

Are Barcelona that hard up for cash?

Being reported they're ready to sell Louie Barry rather than pay us to the Villa!

RE: Louie Barry - Cunninghamismagic - 01-07-2020

Blimey. What on earth has the boy done wrong over there to be threatened with being sold to Villa. That's a harsh punishment.

RE: Louie Barry - SW4Baggie - 01-07-2020

Would be quite a sickener to see him go and be a success at Villa.

After how hard we pushed to keep him surely we should be matching that bid, minus what Barca owe us with interest!

RE: Louie Barry - BurleyBaggie - 01-07-2020

Probably a good life lesson to him and others. Grass isn’t always greener. I think we all agreed it was a great opportunity but the most likely outcome of this was him being moved on as an appreciating asset rather than a Barca player.

Can’t say I’m hugely sympathetic.

RE: Louie Barry - fuzzbox - 01-07-2020

Sounds like gamesmanship to me. 

I take from that they've accepted they've got to pay us after all. They just really, really don't want to...

The villa link must be for our benefit. I really can't see villa paying 1.5m for a prospect. They need the money for other things, I'd have thought.

RE: Louie Barry - aj21 - 01-07-2020

If Villa do sign him, hopefully it will lead to the governing bodies to look into the rules. Stinks that he could leave for significantly more money without even being close to making a 2nd team appearance let alone a 1st team appearance.

RE: Louie Barry - SW4Baggie - 01-07-2020

Given how keen Villa were on him in the summer, and our academy manager's links, let's not rule out the possibility of him having a brief stay at Barca and then moving to Villa for a far lower fee than we'd have demanded if he stayed in England...

Their Spanish DoF will have plenty of contacts over there still.

RE: Louie Barry - Logic1 - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 02:17 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Given how keen Villa were on him in the summer, and our academy manager's links, let's not rule out the possibility of him having a brief stay at Barca and then moving to Villa for a far lower fee than we'd have demanded if he stayed in England...

I find this very dodgy but no doubt all completely legit. This is the strategy, offer these deals to kids and their families before they are 16, set them up for life. The Barcelona brand adds value, then sell back to an english club and payoff all the expenses. Hence, the british club you sell to doesn't have to pay any compensation as would likely be set by a tribunal between two english clubs. This will all be done via agents etc.

RE: Louie Barry - Stevel Knievel - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 02:17 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Given how keen Villa were on him in the summer, and our academy manager's links, let's not rule out the possibility of him having a brief stay at Barca and then moving to Villa for a far lower fee than we'd have demanded if he stayed in England...

Yep, this has dodgy deal written all over it

RE: Louie Barry - Peachy - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 02:28 PM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:

Yep, this has dodgy deal written all over it

It stinks. It's a stitch up if this happens. Collusion between Villa and Barca.

Surely there must be some rule to stop this as they haven't even paid us yet. If he comes back here surely we should hold his registration.