WBAUnofficial
Conor Townsend - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Conor Townsend (/showthread.php?tid=7316)

Pages: 1 2 3

Conor Townsend - Sliced - 11-09-2019

273 minutes played, 0 goals conceded from open play when he's on the pitch (the only goal conceded at all was the ridiculous penalty v Charlton).

I've been really impressed. Defensively offers exactly what we need and has decent positioning going forward too. 

IMO should keep his place in the team.

RE: Conor Townsend - TETLEY74 - 11-09-2019

What a beautiful position for us to be in when we have quality options almost all over the pitch.

RE: Conor Townsend - chasetownbaggie - 11-09-2019

He was excellent today, IMO. Didn't give Bowen much space and still manged to support Grady in attack. Well done, Conor.

RE: Conor Townsend - Birdman1811 - 11-09-2019

We have 3 strong candidates for left back.

When has that ever happened?

RE: Conor Townsend - Pragmatist - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 05:38 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We have 3 strong candidates for left back.

When has that ever happened?

Proper left backs too, not converted Centre backs!

RE: Conor Townsend - TETLEY74 - 11-09-2019

Townsend has impressed me since  he arrived under study to Gibbs last season hardly got a kick when he did gave a decent account of himself, this season Gibbs injured but Fergus on gets in ahead of him, not once does he complain kick off or throw his toys out of the pram just gets his head down caries on then when he gets his chance grabs it with both hands.

RE: Conor Townsend - Cunninghamismagic - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 06:49 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Townsend has impressed me since  he arrived under study to Gibbs last season hardly got a kick when he did gave a decent account of himself, this season Gibbs injured but Fergus on gets in ahead of him, not once does he complain kick off or throw his toys out of the pram just gets his head down caries on then when he gets his chance grabs it with both hands.

Couldn't understand those labelling him a "League One standard player" last season. While I would have Gibbs as first choice, Townsend is a very capable player and was excellent today.

RE: Conor Townsend - Sliced - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 07:09 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 06:49 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Townsend has impressed me since  he arrived under study to Gibbs last season hardly got a kick when he did gave a decent account of himself, this season Gibbs injured but Fergus on gets in ahead of him, not once does he complain kick off or throw his toys out of the pram just gets his head down caries on then when he gets his chance grabs it with both hands.

Couldn't understand those labelling him a "League One standard player" last season. While I would have Gibbs as first choice, Townsend is a very capable player and was excellent today.

Absolutely. If we actually got a league one standard player in his place then it would be an eye opening experience to some.

RE: Conor Townsend - HeathAyIt - 11-09-2019

He's been superb last few games. Brilliant to have a high level of competition in that position and in general.

RE: Conor Townsend - Squid - 11-10-2019

I've always liked Townsend, mainly because it was clearly a big deal to him to sign for us (A refreshing change at the time) and there's a lot to be said for the sort of player who has had to put in years of unglamourous slog.

Aside from Birmingham away when Jota was looking very decent, Townsend has looked good. Blues at home, he was excellent. He changed the game against Charlton and has deserved his place ever since.