WBAUnofficial
If Dingle Goodman - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: If Dingle Goodman (/showthread.php?tid=6810)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If Dingle Goodman - cornishbaggie - 10-02-2019

Was forced to praise us to the hilt in the end, we played bloody well.

RE: If Dingle Goodman - Cuzer - 10-02-2019

Thought he was extremely fair to us last night, can’t have any complaints with how he saw the game IMO

Cuzer

RE: If Dingle Goodman - Shabby Russian - 10-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 10:22 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Thought he was extremely fair to us last night, can’t have any complaints with how he saw the game IMO

Cuzer

And the same goes for the rest of the season to date.

A lot of the criticism for Goodman seems to come from his punditry on Wolves in their promotion - but what was he supposed to say about them they won the title by a considerable distance, he could hardly call them rubbish.

RE: If Dingle Goodman - Derek Hardballs - 10-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 10:22 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Thought he was extremely fair to us last night, can’t have any complaints with how he saw the game IMO

Cuzer

I agree.

RE: If Dingle Goodman - SausEggBaton - 10-02-2019

In recent times he has been praiseworthy of us, people are quick to forget he played over 150 games and scored a fair few goals for us, so I'd imagine still has a positive affinity to the club.

RE: If Dingle Goodman - tiptontown - 10-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 10:36 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Cuzer

And the same goes for the rest of the season to date.

A lot of the criticism for Goodman seems to come from his punditry on Wolves in their promotion - but what was he supposed to say about them they won the title by a considerable distance, he could hardly call them rubbish.

It mainly comes from the 1-5 game where he seemed very reluctant to give us any praise and gave the impression that we had an element of luck with the score, even though to most people we could've won the game by more goals.
I do agree though he has been a lot fairer to us recently. 
Maybe he got the message Wink

RE: If Dingle Goodman - Big Daddy Cool - 10-02-2019

Showed his true colours in the 5-1.

RE: If Dingle Goodman - Mancbaggies - 10-02-2019

“That’s what he brings to the table”

“Wow. Just Wow”

“I can’t even begin to describe what happened just there....”  you’re a co commentator. Try FFS!

RE: If Dingle Goodman - Derek Hardballs - 10-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 12:29 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: “That’s what he brings to the table”

“Wow. Just Wow”

“I can’t even begin to describe what happened just there....”  you’re a co commentator. Try FFS!

If a goal goes in or a great piece of skill happens then do you really want the co-commentator to describe things in great detail. ‘You see what Pele just did there was turn his body to the left, then crouch down, then move to the right’. Yes if it was a controversial moment or possibly a tactical change you want them to add more but those are simply expressions to denote excitement.

RE: If Dingle Goodman - cornishbaggie - 10-02-2019

(10-02-2019, 12:42 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 12:29 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: “That’s what he brings to the table”

“Wow. Just Wow”

If a goal goes in or a great piece of skill happens then do you really want the co-commentator to describe things in great detail. ‘You see what Pele just did there was turn his body to the left, then crouch down, then move to the right’. Yes if it was a controversial moment or possibly a tactical change you want them to add more but those are simply expressions to denote excitement.

And you have summed up perfectly why we don't need this modern fad of co commentator and pundits.