WBAUnofficial
Car parks. - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Car parks. (/showthread.php?tid=6212)

Car parks. - cornishbaggie - 08-22-2019

Didn't notice a great deal of difference with the new policy of of keeping them shut for 15 mins after the final whistle.

RE: Car parks. - MassDebater - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 11:34 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Didn't notice a great deal of difference with the new policy of of keeping them shut for 15 mins after the final whistle.

Only thing I saw was some guy deciding it was the perfect time to reverse off his drive...No idea if he'd been to the game, but what a sensible time to go out!

That and disabled types can't use the Academy car park this season, which used to be perfect when I went with my mate (permanent crutches) and my dad, just plain old! I guess it's to do with them closing the road at the end of the game? Damn shame though, as those less mobile found that car park to be perfect.

RE: Car parks. - lithium - 08-22-2019

Its only the clubs carparks that shut. So its going to make no difference at all.

RE: Car parks. - Tom Joad - 08-22-2019

It'd be wrong to make a judgement based on one (night) game, so I'll just say I thought the traffic on the road towards the Mway island was going some. Slightly scary.

RE: Car parks. - ColliersWoodBaggie - 08-22-2019

One issue is that Northwestern Road, which leads onto Brasshouse Lane is closed. I park at the Brasshouse Community Centre Carpark (when I have driven) but for the last two night games, I have to make a huge detour to get to it from Smethwick High St/Rolfe St. After the match, all the traffic has to go via Dartmouth Rd to the Island and that takes a fair while - especially last night when there were almost 22k there.

RE: Car parks. - Squid - 08-23-2019

(08-22-2019, 08:59 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: One issue is that Northwestern Road, which leads onto Brasshouse Lane is closed. I park at the Brasshouse Community Centre Carpark (when I have driven) but for the last two night games, I have to make a huge detour to get to it from Smethwick High St/Rolfe St. After the match, all the traffic has to go via Dartmouth Rd to the Island and that takes a fair while - especially last night when there were almost 22k there.

Rolfe st, left onto Bridge St North, left again onto Lewisham road, then left onto Mafeking Road. Plenty of parking and it's nearer the ground.

RE: Car parks. - ColliersWoodBaggie - 08-23-2019

(08-23-2019, 01:26 AM)Squid Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 08:59 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: One issue is that Northwestern Road, which leads onto Brasshouse Lane is closed. I park at the Brasshouse Community Centre Carpark (when I have driven) but for the last two night games, I have to make a huge detour to get to it from Smethwick High St/Rolfe St. After the match, all the traffic has to go via Dartmouth Rd to the Island and that takes a fair while - especially last night when there were almost 22k there.

Rolfe st, left onto Bridge St North, left again onto Lewisham road, then left onto Mafeking Road. Plenty of parking and it's nearer the ground.

That's the way I went to get to Brasshouse Centre car park. I'm ok with where I park,it's just that diversion. Usually train though, so I   have a few beers.