WBAUnofficial
If you can’t beat ‘em... - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: If you can’t beat ‘em... (/showthread.php?tid=6166)

Pages: 1 2

If you can’t beat ‘em... - Duffers - 08-20-2019

Concuss ‘em.

Smith out of the next test.

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - Stevel Knievel - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 10:00 AM)Duffers Wrote: Concuss ‘em.

Smith out of the next test.

5 days of dry sunny weather forecast. Need to take full advantage

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - Jacobthebaggie - 08-20-2019

A player on Talksport was just saying he was almost sure he would play. Some kidology going on I think

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - 11amstart - 08-20-2019

I can’t believe the Aussies haven’t come in for more stick, allowing Smith to go out and bat after the head injury! I agree with Brain injury charity Headway.

They stated it was "incredibly dangerous" for Smith to resume his innings.

"You need to take an 'if in doubt' approach," said Headway deputy chief executive Luke Griggs.

"With concussion, the vision can be blurred and the brain can be slow at processing information. That leads to delayed reaction times and is just incredibly dangerous."

The ICC should look at their policies and procedures for head injuries again in light of Smith’s injury; it should maybe now compulsory in all hardball cricket to wear the neck protectors?

Looking ahead to the rest of The Ashes, I think Archer will win the battle versus Smith and with it England will go in to win the urn! Your predictions?

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - backsidebaggie - 08-20-2019

(08-20-2019, 11:02 AM)11amstart Wrote: I can’t believe the Aussies haven’t come in for more stick, allowing Smith to go out and bat after the head injury! I agree with Brain injury charity Headway.

They stated it was "incredibly dangerous" for Smith to resume his innings.

"You need to take an 'if in doubt' approach," said Headway deputy chief executive Luke Griggs.

"With concussion, the vision can be blurred and the brain can be slow at processing information. That leads to delayed reaction times and is just incredibly dangerous."

The ICC should look at their policies and procedures for head injuries again in light of Smith’s injury; it should maybe now compulsory in all hardball cricket to wear the neck protectors?

Looking ahead to the rest of The Ashes, I think Archer will win the battle versus Smith and with it England will go in to win the urn! Your predictions?

I know what you mean, but a brain charity isn’t a doctor, and they weren’t there for the assessment.

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - yeoman lai - 08-20-2019

I'm hardly surprised, it really was an horrific blow.

Hope he makes a full and complete recovery.. In about a month.

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - ABBaggie - 08-20-2019

I’ll be surprised if they don’t pick him. Could see a scenario where they pick him, hope to win the toss and put us in to bat so he has an extra day or so to recover as the rest of the side fields with a sub.

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - Swagbaggie - 08-20-2019

Aussie Doc on BBC this morning who was present when Hughes died 5 years ago said he would be out because of recovery protocols and high chance he will be out for the rest of the series.

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - billybassett - 08-20-2019

Makes you wonder what kind of bang on the head he got a year or more ago when he started sanding down cricket balls for a living.

RE: If you can’t beat ‘em... - Beachboysbaggie - 08-20-2019

In fairness his replacement was pretty decent