WBAUnofficial
Harper - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Harper (/showthread.php?tid=6072)

Pages: 1 2 3

Harper - Loanee - 08-14-2019

Watched him closely last night & really disappointed with his attitude.  Appeared a breath of fresh air when he burst onto the scene but now appears to be a player that doesn’t offer anything.  Doesn’t exert himself into the games, doesn’t get out of first gear (numerous times when Millwall were counter attacking he was simply jogging back), doesn’t drive forward with the ball, offers nothing going forward attacking wise.

Appreciate he’s still young & is working on his game, but I don’t see any desire

RE: Harper - ColliersWoodBaggie - 08-14-2019

We spoke about that. Seems he's resting on his laurels a bit, since the contract offer and he's coasting. No wonder he hasn't started in the League.

RE: Harper - albion_pigeon - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 07:16 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: We spoke about that. Seems he's resting on his laurels a bit, since the contract offer and he's coasting. No wonder he hasn't started in the League.

Thrown his toys out the pram?

RE: Harper - ColliersWoodBaggie - 08-14-2019

(08-14-2019, 07:40 AM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 07:16 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: We spoke about that. Seems he's resting on his laurels a bit, since the contract offer and he's coasting. No wonder he hasn't started in the League.

Thrown his toys out the pram?

I don't think so, because he signed it. I just think he's relaxed now he has it, but he'll need to improve. Out of last night's team, he was the most disappointing out of them all.

RE: Harper - Atomic - 08-14-2019

Field is better than Harper and we sent him on loan.  Rolleyes

I was never taken in by the initial "Harper is class" love in. Nothing better than distinct average.

RE: Harper - Hopalong - 08-14-2019

His call.  He'll get nowhere near the team with performances like that, truly pathetic effort for a 19 year old.

RE: Harper - Cuzer - 08-14-2019

He showed only glimpses last season as I said all along, the big games Sheff Utd at home, Leeds away just passed him by, you cannot carry players in the middle of the park

He has talent but has to be more adventurous with the ball, like too many of them took the easy option last night

Cuzer

RE: Harper - Malcolm Tucker - 08-14-2019

Hardly noticed he was on the pitch last night. His body language is awful, too.

RE: Harper - SW4Baggie - 08-14-2019

Is this the same Harper who the club we're being small time and lacking ambition in fighting to keep?

It was his first start of the season, and he was against a team who sat deep and gave little space between the lines for him to exploit. He hasn't become a crap player overnight, but he needs to steadily develop his game to cope with opposition who do that as it's not something he'll have seen in youth football, and rarely faced in his cameos last season.

RE: Harper - Birdman1811 - 08-14-2019

People always moaned about Berbatovs body language, closer to home, Brunts. He is a languid player, we will see how he performs in a game where he actually has space to play.