WBAUnofficial
Predictions for the season - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Predictions for the season (/showthread.php?tid=5628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Predictions for the season - Spandaubaggie - 07-29-2019

OK, all the transfer business probably isn't done, but with the season right upon us, what do you honestly hope for/expect.
Me, I think we'll see a season where we'll be top 6 again. It will also allow see us give the youngsters a proper go, with Harper the guy to look out for.
I fully expect we will have another striker on board by deadline day. Failure to do so would be a near disaster- not enough up front by a long way.
This season I hope for automatic, but feel we may have to do with play-offs again. Only real thing I'd bet on  isI expect Fulham to go up automatically. Beyond that pure guesswork as this division is so close.
Top 6
Fulham
Cardiff
Albion
Stoke
Leeds
Forest

RE: Predictions for the season - aj21 - 07-29-2019

10th. We’ve signed Championship players and lost some Premier League ones. Bilic is a good appointment but you need the players to challenge for promotion. I have concerns about the quality at the back, out wide (unless Phillips stays fit which he wont) and clearly we don’t have a goal scorer. I hope I’m wrong but behind the scenes we are still a shambles.

RE: Predictions for the season - Duffers - 07-29-2019

I’m optimistic, think we’ll finish top 6.

RE: Predictions for the season - Gzbaggy - 07-29-2019

Why do you expect Fulham to win it?
A novice manager
Players who think they are too good for the EPL
Their best player Sessignon likely to leave soon
The loss of players shortly before and after the deadline to clubs in mainland Europe and Asia (A potential problem for us with Hegazi)

RE: Predictions for the season - Dumbo - 07-29-2019

We’ll be top 6.

If we get in a goalscorer, we’ll challenge for top 2.

RE: Predictions for the season - Remi_Moses - 07-29-2019

Fulham
Leeds Utd

Cardiff
Boro
Huddersfield
Stoke

No room for us IMO, unless our Striker situation changes.
Bilic has spoken of a 2 year project. I'm not sure that includes promotion in the first year.

RE: Predictions for the season - Shabby Russian - 07-29-2019

This season more than last season I find it difficult to predict what will happen in the championship.

This time last year I thought we would challenge for automatic promotion but more likely to finish in a play off position.

This season, at this moment in time, i feel we can challenge for a play off position but automatic may be beyond us.

But here is the crucial thing, i don't really have any meaningful idea (with the exception of Sawyers) how good are signings are, i don't know how well we will integrate the new players into our squad and nor do i know if there are to be any more signings and how good they may turn out to be.

Add to that i can't say with any level of accuracy how good the current crop of young players we have, are going to be. We seem to have more young players with a realistic expectation of breaking into the first team, than at any other time over the last 50 years. How good are they and what impact will they make - again i don't really know.

In short i really don't know what to expect from next season, which makes it exciting in many ways.

RE: Predictions for the season - BurleyBaggie - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 06:34 AM)aj21 Wrote: 10th. We’ve signed Championship players and lost some Premier League ones. Bilic is a good appointment but you need the players to challenge for promotion. I have concerns about the quality at the back, out wide (unless Phillips stays fit which he wont) and clearly we don’t have a goal scorer. I hope I’m wrong but behind the scenes we are still a shambles.

We’ve taken out a lot of goals in Gayle and J-Rod for sure. But can actually anyone remember us playing decent promotion style football for a sustained period last year?

To me, and I kept banging on about this to my colleagues in Leeds last year, we were full of individual brilliance but were weak as a team. We’d play well for 35 minutes a game but over 46 games that isn’t enough against well drilled opponents who have better ideas and energy in midfield. 

I’m in total agreement we’re 2 maybe three short. Gayle type striker and a false 9/winger. 

However, I think we have better energy and better ideas beyond this. Kro and Sawyers have 20-30 assists in them and the potential for 15 goals. I think Romaine hit 18 assists last year?

We have a more mobile midfield, more energy to get up and down and we have pace in both full back areas from the get go this year. Semi for Dawson is a decent swap at this level. I also think organisation is massive, we conceded nearly 70 goals was it? If we start keeping clean sheets, getting more help from midfield and add another striker how far really are we away from last year?

Yeah it’s a different approach, individualism vs team but I’d go on a limb here and suggest both Sheff Utd and Norwich were the better teams last year but had worse players than us.

RE: Predictions for the season - aj21 - 07-29-2019

I think that’s fair but I’m far from convinced we are going to turn into a good team, the squad still looks unbalanced and while we might have pace at full back Townsend and Furlong are championship players, Gibbs obviously is top class.

RE: Predictions for the season - Spandaubaggie - 07-29-2019

(07-29-2019, 07:14 AM)Gzbaggy Wrote: Why do you expect Fulham to win it?
A novice manager
Players who think they are too good for the EPL
Their best player Sessignon likely to leave soon
The loss of players shortly before and after the deadline to clubs in mainland Europe and Asia (A potential problem for us with Hegazi)
Enough know-how from when they last went up, oodles of cash to get replacements, the London factor means they'll get new guys in too which others won't. Bookies in line with my way of thinking.
I might be entirely wrong.
So what's your predictions rather than picking holes in others?