WBAUnofficial
Getting money out of China... - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Getting money out of China... (/showthread.php?tid=5114)

Pages: 1 2

Getting money out of China... - Mulumbu's Tackle - 06-19-2019

For those well versed in overseas financial matters...

There seems to be a general understanding (or delusion) amongst some albion outlets that Lai will be able to invest/get significant sums out of China from September onwards. I know currently there seems to be an issue in doing this, but what relevance does this September date have, if any?

I know the line has been 'running on a sustainable model', i.e not living beyond our means but could this be why there doesn't appear to be much concern from the board in regards to our current situation?

RE: Getting money out of China... - WWHO - 06-19-2019

From my (limited) understanding, it appears they (whoever the fuck actually owns us) are permitted to invest in overseas operations after three years.  He/they purchased us in September 2016.

RE: Getting money out of China... - MGalea - 06-19-2019

Fags are cheap in China so any disappointment Slav may have about the transfer budget when he turns up on Monday will be offset by the truck full of Zhonghua (中华) he'll be chuffing on.

RE: Getting money out of China... - Ed Hopper - 06-19-2019

(06-19-2019, 01:14 PM)WWHO Wrote: From my (limited) understanding, it appears they (whoever the fuck actually owns us) are permitted to invest in overseas operations after three years.  He/they purchased us in September 2016.

Getting money out of his pocket may take longer

RE: Getting money out of China... - Duffers - 06-19-2019

Should be fine, China’s a pretty generous guy by all accounts.

RE: Getting money out of China... - Psalm23 - 06-19-2019

(06-19-2019, 02:00 PM)Duffers Wrote: Should be fine, China’s a pretty generous guy by all accounts.

He paid a charity bet once, IIRC.    Rolleyes

RE: Getting money out of China... - The liquidator - 06-19-2019

(06-19-2019, 02:00 PM)Duffers Wrote: Should be fine, China’s a pretty generous guy by all accounts.

I would get anyone a drink apart from pulis lovers .

RE: Getting money out of China... - HeathAyIt - 06-19-2019

I doubt that if Lai was about to piss 100m across the water in September Jenkins would be pursuing him for 4.1m

RE: Getting money out of China... - waffle - 06-19-2019

(06-19-2019, 03:05 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: I doubt that if Lai was about to piss 100m across the water in September Jenkins would be pursuing him for 4.1m

Pissing 100 metres is mightily impressive, that's a large river!  4.1 metres much more doable, just a regular sized puddle.

RE: Getting money out of China... - Hopalong - 06-19-2019

(06-19-2019, 01:11 PM)Mulumbu\s Tackle Wrote: For those well versed in overseas financial matters...

There seems to be a general understanding (or delusion) amongst some albion outlets that Lai will be able to invest/get significant sums out of China from September onwards. I know currently there seems to be an issue in doing this, but what relevance does this September date have, if any?

I know the line has been 'running on a sustainable model', i.e not living beyond our means but could this be why there doesn't appear to be much concern from the board in regards to our current situation?

The 4.1m loan thing is a non-story.  In effect he owes himself 4.1m! 

September is an unfortunate date - just after the window closes but I suppose we could borrow the money til Lai coughs up, if he has any intention to.