WBAUnofficial
BBC website favouring Women's Football? - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: BBC website favouring Women's Football? (/showthread.php?tid=5024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - Derek Hardballs - 06-13-2019

(06-13-2019, 08:41 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 06:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 03:36 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 02:29 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: The bbc’s Feminist agenda is embarrassing. I like some women’s sport but the number of articles about sexism, equal pay, how hard it is being a woman making a breakthrough etc is laughable. Only a couple of weeks ago I was laughing with mates about 3 of the top 8 articles being about the menstrual cycle and how it affects sport. This kind of thing is massively disproportionate reporting, but that’s the bbc for you. Even bbc4 is now riddled with pc nonsense.

Sometimes their website resembles a dumbed down lifestyle magazine for 16 year old girls rather than a quality sports website which it used to be.

It’s not just because the World Cup is on either. Stuff like netball is now regularly up the top of the sports stories ahead of far more popular sports. They’ve had to take the comments sections off pretty much all these stories as they get slated on them for their agenda.
Nailed on. Don't even get me talking about LGBT stories and the BBC. The focus on some issues are so driven by the fact they clearly have a bias towards certain minorities, who want to keep on harping on about their problem of being a minority, even though the issues they've fought for have been, by and large, achieved in this country.
It reminds me of an argument I had with a feminist about gays some 30 years ago. She brought up the topic of homophobia and I said: "I've got nothing against them. Her reply was: "So it's them and us!"
You can't argue with that way of thinking when you're a 6ft plus white heterosexual bloke who likes beer and football.

Come off it you’re aren’t female or gay / bisexual etc so how can you speak about what issues have or haven’t been addressed / aren’t a problem?

You seem to be missing the point that equal opportunities, that the BBC has to adhere to is about recognising that there isn’t a level playing field and trying to address that. This is exactly what the BBC is doing with their coverage of women’s football. I have found it annoying at times when they tell you Arsenal ladies results and ignore the Championship results given the disparity in audience but sadly you can’t please everyone.
Sorry Derek but I disagree, especially as a former news editor on a daily paper. News is news because it is deemed worthy to the readers. I sat in many a news conference where we discussed the merits before placing stories. Of course, all publications have their readership, but the BBC are a law unto themselves. 
I’m sure they have a very strong feminist and LGBT workforce who push their agendas.
I’m very liberal, welcome diversity, and hate the tide of intolerance happening at the moment, but the BBCs choice of news in recent years is getting more like the Pink News.

But they have a duty to all not just the majority unlike commercial media outlets who simply need the advertising / paying customer to buy their products. Apart from Fulham Fallout none of us have much of a choice but to buy a TV licence.

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - ColliersWoodBaggie - 06-13-2019

(06-13-2019, 02:29 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: The bbc’s Feminist agenda is embarrassing. I like some women’s sport but the number of articles about sexism, equal pay, how hard it is being a woman making a breakthrough etc is laughable. Only a couple of weeks ago I was laughing with mates about 3 of the top 8 articles being about the menstrual cycle and how it affects sport. This kind of thing is massively disproportionate reporting, but that’s the bbc for you. Even bbc4 is now riddled with pc nonsense.

Sometimes their website resembles a dumbed down lifestyle magazine for 16 year old girls rather than a quality sports website which it used to be.

It’s not just because the World Cup is on either. Stuff like netball is now regularly up the top of the sports stories ahead of far more popular sports. They’ve had to take the comments sections off pretty much all these stories as they get slated on them for their agenda.
Nailed on. Don't even get me talking about LGBT stories and the BBC. The focus on some issues are so driven by the fact they clearly have a bias towards certain minorities, who want to keep on harping on about their problem of being a minority, even though the issues they've fought for have been, by and large, achieved in this country.
It reminds me of an argument I had with a feminist about gays some 30 years ago. She brought up the topic of homophobia and I said: "I've got nothing against them. Her reply was: "So it's them and us!"
You can't argue with that way of thinking when you're a 6ft plus white heterosexual bloke who likes beer and football.

Come off it you’re aren’t female or gay / bisexual etc so how can you speak about what issues have or haven’t been addressed / aren’t a problem?

You seem to be missing the point that equal opportunities, that the BBC has to adhere to is about recognising that there isn’t a level playing field and trying to address that. This is exactly what the BBC is doing with their coverage of women’s football. I have found it annoying at times when they tell you Arsenal ladies results and ignore the Championship results given the disparity in audience but sadly you can’t please everyone.
Sorry Derek but I disagree, especially as a former news editor on a daily paper. News is news because it is deemed worthy to the readers. I sat in many a news conference where we discussed the merits before placing stories. Of course, all publications have a certain  readership, but the BBC are a law unto themselves. 
I’m sure they have a very strong feminist and LGBT workforce who push their agendas.
I’m very liberal, welcome diversity, and hate the tide of intolerance happening at the moment, but the BBCs choice of news in recent years is getting more like the Pink News.

Is there a Gay League now?

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - Tom Joad - 06-13-2019

I knew this would end up a ten pager. It normally ends in a ban, then a new poster introducing himself before going insane, all inside a week.

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - Pipkins - 06-13-2019

Its almost like men are the root of all evil at the moment in some media circles

Yet the 2 worse PM's in the UK were both women (rushes for tin hat)

https://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - 4-hero - 06-13-2019

Yes its still a minority sport and the Beeb are going ott in their promotion of it but its a sport on the up and if you feel threatened by it then you really need to have a word with yourself.

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - Fido - 06-14-2019

(06-13-2019, 08:59 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote:

Sorry Derek but I disagree, especially as a former news editor on a daily paper. News is news because it is deemed worthy to the readers. I sat in many a news conference where we discussed the merits before placing stories. Of course, all publications have a certain  readership, but the BBC are a law unto themselves. 

It’s in Japan ay it

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - Juan Quidonqui - 06-14-2019

Was just reading through this thread with Sky Sports News on TV in the background when I caught a Phil Neville press conference where he said how England’s women need to be aware of Argentina’s “Man to Man” marking. Doesn’t he realise the amount of faux outrage he’s now unleashed on society?

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - Stevel Knievel - 06-14-2019

There's definitely teams in Birmingham a mate of mine plays in one. I can get you the contact details if you want to join or support them

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - The Real PK - 06-14-2019

(06-13-2019, 06:38 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: If you really believe sexism is a serious issue and a serious problem, surely you should be careful before you accuse somebody of it? You wouldn't just accuse somebody of burglary without any evidence, so why sexism? Unless, of course, you really don't think its that serious and you're just virtue signalling.

Absolutely. Same as racism. Same as homophobia.

I actually think people get off these days on accusing others of being something, or pigeon-holing them. Perhaps it makes them feel superior, or feel they are contributing to the welfare of civilisation.

True racism, sexism, homophobia etc is something that frankly shouldn't exist, but it probably always will in some form. Those that wish to do something about eradicating it, fair play. You will have the support of many people. But accusing anyone and everyone of these traits is NOT tackling the issue. It's creating more issues.

As long as you are not an ardent practiser (for lack of a better phrase) of these sort of attitudes, that's fine. You don't need to constantly point the dirty finger at someone.

If someone makes a homophobic, or sexist or even a racist joke, it doesn't mean they're Hitler!

Too many previous twats on both "sides" these days that just go tit for tat, for no apparent reason,

RE: BBC website favouring Women's Football? - 4-hero - 06-14-2019

Not sure but im amazed the manager of Black Country Fusion wasn't in the frame for our job?