WBAUnofficial
Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker (/showthread.php?tid=4443)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - The liquidator - 05-16-2019

I think what people want is a young fresh approach with a project ours is a years maximum and then see what happens .....hanging on to the old players has cost us . We need a clear out get a mix of youth and experience with legs in midfield.

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - Mancbaggies - 05-16-2019

Heard good reports on the Driscoll Brothers. A shilling a day and an orse shit sandwich 

But Hursts reign at Ipswich and all the garbage he bought is a cautionary tale

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - Dreamkiller - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 12:49 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Cowley a gamble. As Stoke have found, a successful young Lower league manager doesn't always translate to success higher up.
I'd prefer Hughton.

I wouldn't judge Jones on what's happened since he's been at Stoke. The supporters are overwhelmingly behind him. 

The results haven't improved since he joined, but Hughes, Rowett and our much maligned transfer team are still held responsible for that. 

He'll be given more time because the penny has now dropped as to just how bad we've become. We'll struggle to get rid of some of our wasters because of the contracts they're on, but Jones is at Stoke to carry out a rebuild, and he certainly looks like he has the fire and determination to do it.

I wanted someone of Jones' ilk rather than the tired old Moyes, big Sam dinosaur types, and I'm pleased with what I've seen so far. Whether the Albion are in need of the same sort of rebuild is something for you peeps to debate, but generally, I think it's now time for the new guard.

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - baggiemike - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 12:49 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Cowley a gamble. As Stoke have found, a successful young Lower league manager doesn't always translate to success higher up.
I'd prefer Hughton.

Houghton has already got us marked as a Racist Club through his remarks made about JRod and also Big Daves sacking.
So what happens when we sack him (as we inevitably will), and he plays his favourite card (as he inevitably will). 
Lets look for someone, anyone, that has our core values and not some Pulis wanna be.

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - Derek Hardballs - 05-16-2019

This bullshit about projects and long term plans... first team coaches are around for 18mths on average now. The problem with the idea is how long is too long? We wait one year we finish midtable but play pretty 'progressive' football, we wait another year we finish similar still playing nice pretty football, we wait another year we finish in the bottom half of the Championship. All the time those fans wanting a project will of course be going to the matches in their thousands, and be telling everyone to be patient and say next year Rodders were'll be millionaires! There is no guarantee that showing patience to manager for three or four seasons without promotion will achieve anything other than a smaller bank balance or a feeder club to the big boys.

Lets get out of this fucking division as quickly as possible, it's like quicksand when you don't have an owner not prepared to spend and it will drag us down whilst 19 -18k will watch on, and we wonder where the rest have fecked off to.

(05-16-2019, 05:27 PM)baggiemike Wrote:
I'd prefer Hughton.

Houghton has already got us marked as a Racist Club through his remarks made about JRod and also Big Daves sacking.
So what happens when we sack him (as we inevitably will), and he plays his favourite card (as he inevitably will). 
Lets look for someone, anyone, that has our core values and not some Pulis wanna be.

"Core values' what are they?

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - wba13 - 05-16-2019

On sky bet lee Bowyer now 3rd fav at 11/2 after Hughton and Shan someone must have a couple of bob spare.

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - WorcBaggie - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 06:08 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This bullshit about projects and long term plans... first team coaches are around for 18mths on average now. The problem with the idea is how long is too long? We wait one year we finish midtable but play pretty 'progressive' football, we wait another year we finish similar still playing nice pretty football, we wait another year we finish in the bottom half of the Championship. All the time those fans wanting a project will of course be going to the matches in their thousands, and be telling everyone to be patient and say next year Rodders were'll be millionaires! There is no guarantee that showing patience to manager for three or four seasons without promotion will achieve anything other than a smaller bank balance or a feeder club to the big boys.

Lets get out of this fucking division as quickly as possible, it's like quicksand when you don't have an owner not prepared to spend and it will drag us down whilst 19 -18k will watch on, and we wonder where the rest have fecked off to.

I'd prefer Hughton.

Excellent summary DH. The bullshit being thrown around about the attributes our new manager needs are very bizarre. In fact, the  Cowley brothers were supported earlier in this thread because they are 'forward thinking coaches' Big Grin Big Grin 

What the fecking hell is a 'forward thinking coach' - probably one that knows 'our core values'

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - Mancbaggies - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 06:23 PM)wba13 Wrote: On sky bet lee Bowyer now 3rd fav at 11/2 after Hughton and Shan someone must have a couple of bob spare.

We are not seriously after that weasel-faced little cunt are we?

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - Tom Joad - 05-16-2019

I think DH has nailed it, we're not in a position to hang around waiting for someone to practise magic.  IMO, we need a clear directive from the owner.  We all thought Big Dave was the "rebuild with core values" remit. Turns out, not. He had to get us up first time.   So if that is still the task then I can't see us having this huge clearout and gambling we get lucky. 
For me, there will be a clearout simply due to football's transient nature. Unfortunately, the players we are likely to lose actually represent our best shot at going up. After all, it is only our regular shooting ourselves in the foot that has cost us an automatic place.

RE: Danny Cowley second favourite on Odds Checker - The liquidator - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 06:08 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This bullshit about projects and long term plans... first team coaches are around for 18mths on average now. The problem with the idea is how long is too long? We wait one year we finish midtable but play pretty 'progressive' football, we wait another year we finish similar still playing nice pretty football, we wait another year we finish in the bottom half of the Championship. All the time those fans wanting a project will of course be going to the matches in their thousands, and be telling everyone to be patient and say next year Rodders were'll be millionaires! There is no guarantee that showing patience to manager for three or four seasons without promotion will achieve anything other than a smaller bank balance or a feeder club to the big boys.

I'd prefer Hughton.

You want pulis back don't you