WBAUnofficial
Montero and Murphy - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Montero and Murphy (/showthread.php?tid=4435)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Montero and Murphy - Duffers - 05-16-2019

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but what a colossal waste of time those two were.

Would Burke have offered anything less than either of them?

RE: Montero and Murphy - Midget In A Pinstripe Suit - 05-16-2019

Yes, probably.

RE: Montero and Murphy - billybassett - 05-16-2019

Murphy was absolutely awful across both semi final legs...

RE: Montero and Murphy - Duffers - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 09:25 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Yes, probably.

I dunno, we shipped one useless bastard out and replaced him with two.

RE: Montero and Murphy - Midget In A Pinstripe Suit - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 09:30 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 09:25 AM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote: Yes, probably.

I dunno, we shipped one useless bastard out and replaced him with two.

Are 2 useless bastards twice as useless or half as shit?

RE: Montero and Murphy - Ministry Of Silly Signings - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 09:24 AM)Duffers Wrote: Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but what a colossal waste of time those two were.

To be honest, I think there have been some silly, strange, bewildering even, signings this season. Sako comes in, plays about twice, after being `not fit` for weeks, then goes back to where he came from. Was Big Dave, Jones or Dowling responsible?
Montero joins on loan, never plays,  36 year old Hoolahan, hardly plays, but contract extended till the end of the season.
Came within minutes of signing Oviedo, a rank average fullback who can`t get in Sunderlands team.

RE: Montero and Murphy - col lard - 05-16-2019

They don't make a half decent player between them.

RE: Montero and Murphy - baggie93 - 05-16-2019

I suggest Burke may have. I understand why folk don't rate him. However, on the few games he came on in the prem he caused mayhem simply with his pace, winning us free kicks. And he wouldn't have been worse than Leko the other night... He was bloody awful. Also, whilst they may not have set the world slight it was dumb in the extreme to ship Burke and Sako out ultimately leaving us short of forwards which crippled us in the playoffs I don't care what the reason was.

RE: Montero and Murphy - Cunninghamismagic - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 09:26 AM)billybassett Wrote: Murphy was absolutely awful across both semi final legs...

Dreadful 1st half on Tuesday. Better 2nd half. But Villa's defence was there for the taking. An unfit Phillip's and Murphy unable to assist J Rod much though. Gayle would have had a field day (as would Barnes).
I would have preferred we kept Sako.

RE: Montero and Murphy - col lard - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 09:35 AM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 09:24 AM)Duffers Wrote: Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but what a colossal waste of time those two were.

To be honest, I think there have been some silly, strange, bewildering even, signings this season. Sako comes in, plays about twice, after being `not fit` for weeks, then goes back to where he came from. Was Big Dave, Jones or Dowling responsible?
Montero joins on loan, never plays,  36 year old Hoolahan, hardly plays, but contract extended till the end of the season.
Came within minutes of signing Oviedo, a rank average fullback who can`t get in Sunderlands team.

There's summink fishy about this tale. Have they all got the same agent? I suspect Pulis/Burke/Red Bull/Sturridge of being in cahoots somewhere along the line.