WBAUnofficial
Fine Margins - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Fine Margins (/showthread.php?tid=3979)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fine Margins - Duffers - 05-11-2019

None of them went for us today:

Rodriguez shot touched on to the bar;

Gayle misses opportunity to play Murphy in at 1-0;

Free kick given against Gibbs who then loses his head and 30 seconds later gives away pen;

Blatant penalty not given;

Gayle given second yellow for innocuous challenge;

RE: Fine Margins - HugeHons - 05-11-2019

Thought we were poor throughout,not helped by a crap ref. Not much attacking intent and constantly giving the ball away.

RE: Fine Margins - Stratfordbaggie - 05-11-2019

Whelan miscontrols a simple pass?

RE: Fine Margins - TooMuchTooYoung - 05-11-2019

That’s football ay it. Let’s shit em on Tuesday when they think they’ve just got to turn up. Atmosphere will be electric.

RE: Fine Margins - boingingbaggie - 05-11-2019

Kieran Gibbs was very poor today. An experienced player like him should know better than diving in on that greasy bastard.

RE: Fine Margins - Peachy - 05-11-2019

(05-11-2019, 02:03 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Thought we were poor throughout,not helped by a crap ref. Not much attacking intent and constantly giving the ball away.

Disagree. I thought the first half was a very good performance. Both on the pitch and tactically from the touchline. 

2nd half I always felt they would score and when they did I said to my old man "just need to make sure we don't do anything stupid here".

We do always seem to implode. I was also fuming with Gayles first booking as the ref had warned him about how long he was taking for throw ins. When you are booked you are always on the edge. Especially with a ref like that.

RE: Fine Margins - Duffers - 05-11-2019

(05-11-2019, 02:03 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Thought we were poor throughout,not helped by a crap ref. Not much attacking intent and constantly giving the ball away.

What were people expecting? We were away at a team in great form with a noisy crowd, the plan was always to keep it tight and nick something. For 70 minutes it worked perfectly and then we imploded.

We were never going to come out and go at them.

RE: Fine Margins - boingingbaggie - 05-11-2019

I couldn't understand why we began the 2nd half so negatively. The time wasting was pulisesque.
Thats what pisses me most off about the Gayle sending off, booked for time wasting, from a throw in, with 30 mins left. Fucking awful

RE: Fine Margins - Tokyo Baggie - 05-11-2019

I thought we were doing a pretty professional job until giving Hourihane the freedom to do whatever he wanted from the edge of the box.
Reminded me of what Sheff Utd did to us at home - early goal, then soak up pressure and see the game out (obviously the comparison stops after 75 mins though).

RE: Fine Margins - HugeHons - 05-11-2019

(05-11-2019, 02:08 PM)Duffers Wrote:

What were people expecting? We were away at a team in great form with a noisy crowd, the plan was always to keep it tight and nick something. For 70 minutes it worked perfectly and then we imploded.

We were never going to come out and go at them.

With the amount of goals we score I’d expect a bit more attacking intent,there was hardly any all game.We were treading a fine line trying to keep a clean sheet,something we rarely do.