WBAUnofficial
Player Ratings v Boro - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Player Ratings v Boro (/showthread.php?tid=30994)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Player Ratings v Boro - Cunninghamismagic - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 06:29 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Palmer 7 One good save, distribution good.
Furlong 5 Sorry Darnell, looked poor today
Ajayi 7 Decent
Kipre 7.5 as above, extra .5 for that finish
Pieters 6 Couple of brain farts
Phillips 8 The August Matty
Yokuslu 7 Shape went to pieces when he went off
Molumby 7 Usual buzzing about
Swift 7.5 Some good passes, great goal
BTA 7 Worked aaard, good finish
Wallace 6.5 Not bad, not great either

Subs:
Maja 6
Sarmiento 7.5
Chalobah 5
Mowatt 6.5
Townsend 6.5

I thought Mowatt did really well when he came on. Would give him higher than 6.5

RE: Player Ratings v Boro - Tom Joad - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 07:42 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(08-26-2023, 06:29 PM)MrFizz Wrote: Palmer 7 One good save, distribution good.
Furlong 5 Sorry Darnell, looked poor today
Ajayi 7 Decent
Kipre 7.5 as above, extra .5 for that finish
Pieters 6 Couple of brain farts
Phillips 8 The August Matty
Yokuslu 7 Shape went to pieces when he went off
Molumby 7 Usual buzzing about
Swift 7.5 Some good passes, great goal
BTA 7 Worked aaard, good finish
Wallace 6.5 Not bad, not great either

Subs:
Maja 6
Sarmiento 7.5
Chalobah 5
Mowatt 6.5
Townsend 6.5

I thought Mowatt did really well when he came on. Would give him higher than 6.5

I was unconvinced by his ability, looked clumsy at times but he shirks nothing and digs deep, with some games under his belt  to get up to speed he may turn out very useful.

RE: Player Ratings v Boro - Stillclem4england - 08-26-2023

Agree with those marks apart from Chalobah. Three touches of which two resulted in dangerous free kicks and the usual idling around => 1.

RE: Player Ratings v Boro - Beachboysbaggie - 08-26-2023

Watched BTA closely today. His first touch, vision and work rate are really top drawer - I think he’ll play in the Prem one day

RE: Player Ratings v Boro - MancBaggie - 08-26-2023

(08-26-2023, 08:08 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Watched BTA closely today. His first touch, vision and work rate are really top drawer - I think he’ll play in the Prem one day

Good to hear. Thought he was v ineffective at Leeds last week.

(08-26-2023, 08:08 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: Watched BTA closely today. His first touch, vision and work rate are really top drawer - I think he’ll play in the Prem one day

He was key to that blistering start. Taking the ball from defence around  centre circle and turning to open up play.  very impressed by him today. Topped it with a composed finish too.

RE: Player Ratings v Boro - Cuzer - 08-26-2023

Palmer 7 Couple of good stops, no chance with the goals, decent on the ball but would have liked him to command his box a bit better today

Furlong 6 Mixed bag, clearly a position CC wants competition for and let’s hope he gets it.

Phillips 8 Excellent showing for 60 until he hit the fitness wall, full of running and a constant threat, could have prevented cross for their first but was left exposed with Molumby being off the pitch

Ajayi 8* Thouht he was good today, nearly caught on the ball first half but generally his passing was good, switches of play was excellent and was good in the air

Pieters 6 Slow and loses way too much in the air, targeted with pace down our left as most teams go at him. OK in possession but ideally we should be improving this position if we can

Kipre 8 Good passing, great goal and an assured display, we will play out from the back and frankly he’s the best we’ve got at it

Turk 6 Gets better when he goes off the pitch as we seem to fall apart but not quite up to his levels of last season yet and I’m his biggest fan

Molumby 7 Full of running as always, sometimes too negative in possession but one of the rare times he opened up his body when receiving the ball and looked forward we scored the excellent 2nd goal, he needs to do a bit more of that

Swift 8 Much more like it and a great goal, found some great dangerous areas to receive the ball and increases work rate

Wallace 6 Worked his socks off but this system certainly negates his greatest strengths which is a shame

BTA 8 Fantastic shift, some real clever link up play and showed excellent footwork on more than one occasion. Real fan favorite as gives his all every time he dons he shirt

Subs

Townsend 7 Good energy, bit wasteful with final ball at times but got in some good positions

Mowatt 7 Thought he did really well today, pick of the subs, kept the ball well and full of running, nice ball for Sarmiento goal too

Chalobah 5 Seems to really struggle to get up to speed of the games when coming on, poor showing

Maja 6 Good running and some ok hold up play but expect a lot more, not the quickest, seemed to mistime a jump for a good headed chance and at times sloppy link play

Sarmiento 7 Gave it away early doors but desperately wants the ball and to make things happen, took his goal superbly. Question would be where do you play him as must be wanting to start soon

Good win, really poor we took our foot off the gas and played keep ball at 3-1 v 10, much better side go and get the fourth and kill any doubt, a win next week shoukd we manage it would be an excellent start given all the Shute going on up there

Cuzer

RE: Player Ratings v Boro - garryowensneck - 08-26-2023

Thoughts-Kipre showed what he is capable of, Swift ( despite the goal) and Wallace looked kind of lost in this formation, Pieters was poor, we kept the ball well though many fans wanted us to launch it forward, we look more defensively frail with when OK goes off, took our foot off the gas after the sending off. Win next week and it's a very decent start to the season.

I notice it mentioned above, but their 1st goal. Straight after our 2nd Molumby was told  by the officials to go off for some attention. They took kick off, broke away and ended up scoring with Molumby called back on late to the play which was  on the other side of the pitch. I can't keep track of all the rule changes but at the time it seemed odd to allow kick off with one of our players out of action. If Molumby had just dropped to the floor he would surely have got treatment on the pitch and KO would have had to wait? No real harm done but more annoying inconsistency.

RE: Player Ratings v Boro - igorbalis - 08-27-2023

dont get the love in for phillips, any decent full back would have prevented the cross for their first, i know he's no full back but apart from that had one of his better games, rather start with Townsend than philips - mom - kipre 8 everyone else 7