WBAUnofficial
Palmer or Griffiths - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Palmer or Griffiths (/showthread.php?tid=30359)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - SausEggBaton - 06-23-2023

(06-23-2023, 08:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 07:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Id be keeping both, and seeing how they perform in preseason. We have the loan and the O’Shea mkney so the situation isn’t desperate and both are players on long contracts who will be more valuable next summer.

Griffith has all the attributes to be a top goalkeeper and we won’t get a top fee for him yet.

As far as I'm aware, we are still on course to lose money, and therefore there is nothing to bring anyone in at all.

Indeed. If anyone doesn't think the O'Shea money isn't going towards paying back interest or repayment of loans and or current salaries, is very deluded. 

I seriously doubt CC will see any of the O'Shea money, as that has just covered a few bills as above mentioned. 

The next saleable asset however, CC may see a smidgen of that monies.

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - Runaroundandgroovelikeabaggie - 06-23-2023

For where we are Palmer all the way.  Griffiths is a precocious talent, but Alex a more solid option and Josh has a higher sale value.  At 26 Palmer is young enough to be our No 1 for the next 10+ years, but a good season or two and becomes another very saleable asset.  Shit we have to think that way but needs must and I believe that Cann is highly rated too, so could step up.  As long as that baldy, beardy Knut Button gets nowhere near the first team I'm happy.

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - Spandaubaggie - 06-23-2023

Whilst our situation is very concerning, the whole of the division are in a similar position without a pot to piss in. There’ll be a lot of decent players about of a similar level for free and we’ll be in the same boat as most bar 4-5 clubs.
I’m philosophical about it. It seems like the Chinese will leave soon enough but in the meantime it’s a case of making the best of a reset where we are not one of the most alluring championship clubs anymore.
It could all change though as some billionaire Yank with a Hollywood smile rides into town.

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - Hughie Reed 31 - 06-23-2023

With this lot in charge I think both will be sold
And Button will be our. No 1 for next season with Cann as back up.

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - baggie_ray - 06-23-2023

I can't see Corberan picking Button to start any match next season, even if he is the only goalkeeper on the books. That's the road to relegation.

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - albion_pigeon - 06-24-2023

Button is absolute bobbins

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - Peachy - 06-24-2023

(06-23-2023, 11:55 PM)baggie_ray Wrote: I can't see Corberan picking Button to start any match next season, even if he is the only goalkeeper on the books. That's the road to relegation.

Agree. CC has made up his mind on Button thank fuck!

I don't even want him on the bench.....

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - Cheshire East Baggie - 06-24-2023

(06-23-2023, 05:51 PM)Super-Okay Wrote: Who is your No.1?

For me surely we need to stick with the younger one.

Griffiths (21) and Palmer (26).

Can't see why age is a factor. 26 is young for a keeper, Palmer has up to 10 years ahead of him. And there are plenty of examples of keepers who were exceptional at 21 and relatively ordinary by the time they hit their supposed prime. Mervyn Day and Joe Hart for starters. Getting a decent fee for Griffiths now is probably what we need to do, but the worry is that Button is still around.

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - SW4Baggie - 06-24-2023

(06-23-2023, 08:32 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 08:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-23-2023, 07:44 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Id be keeping both, and seeing how they perform in preseason. We have the loan and the O’Shea mkney so the situation isn’t desperate and both are players on long contracts who will be more valuable next summer.

Griffith has all the attributes to be a top goalkeeper and we won’t get a top fee for him yet.

As far as I'm aware, we are still on course to lose money, and therefore there is nothing to bring anyone in at all.

Indeed. If anyone doesn't think the O'Shea money isn't going towards paying back interest or repayment of loans and or current salaries, is very deluded. 

I seriously doubt CC will see any of the O'Shea money, as that has just covered a few bills as above mentioned. 

The next saleable asset however, CC may see a smidgen of that monies.

All the more reason why renewing Pieters feels lazy.

I don’t expect us to spend money, was merely saying O’Shea’s sale should - combined with the MSD loan - keep the lights on and mean we aren’t forced into selling our other assets on the cheap.

We now need to move a couple of higher earners like Grady or Grant - pity Martin has left Swansea as he was a big fan but will have better targets than Karlan at Saints.

Wonder if any of those Saudi links Lai had that prevented us from appointing Wilder will help us shifting some of our deadwood… Be nice to pull a few million back on Grant and Grady from out there!

RE: Palmer or Griffiths - chasetownbaggie - 06-24-2023

Sell em both. £500k each and a bag of training balls. Ffs