WBAUnofficial
Scunthorpe - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Scunthorpe (/showthread.php?tid=29551)

Pages: 1 2

Scunthorpe - cornishbaggie - 04-11-2023

For all our whinging, they have something to moan about, relegated from the Championship 12 years ago, they will be playing in the national league next season.

RE: Scunthorpe - SW4Baggie - 04-11-2023

Previous owner was bankrolling them quite significantly and decided to stop… amazing how rapidly the rot sets in.

It would be really interesting to look at all the clubs in the various divisions’ external investment over the last 20 or so years. I reckon we’d rank in the bottom 5 clubs for money that’s been “loaned” or “injected” from a benefactor, it seems everyone but us has had a sugar daddy of some sort.

RE: Scunthorpe - Gzbaggy - 04-11-2023

(04-11-2023, 12:53 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: For all our whinging, they have something to moan about, relegated from the Championship 12 years ago, they will be playing in the national league next season.

They will be delighted to be playing in the National League next season, 2023-4, as they have just been relegated from it. Consecutive relegations.

RE: Scunthorpe - KRO - 04-11-2023

Yeah National League North. What a drop. And I thought our last decade had been shit

RE: Scunthorpe - Man from delmonte - 04-11-2023

I know Yeovil have always traditionally been a non league side anyway but they're also heading for a drop from the Championship to Conference South in an even quicker period of time.

RE: Scunthorpe - Borin' Baggie - 04-11-2023

(04-11-2023, 02:55 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote: I know Yeovil have always traditionally been a non league side anyway but they're also heading for a drop from the Championship to Conference South in an even quicker period of time.

Stockport recently as well a few years back, relegated to the second division same season we went up under Megson. Relegated to tier 6 in 2013. Watched both Albion and Leamington play Stockport, doesn't look like it will happen with Scunthorpe though as Leamington are in the drop zone.

Wouldn't put it past Oldham going the same way in a couple of years.

RE: Scunthorpe - MrFizz - 04-11-2023

(04-11-2023, 03:09 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 02:55 PM)Man from delmonte Wrote: I know Yeovil have always traditionally been a non league side anyway but they're also heading for a drop from the Championship to Conference South in an even quicker period of time.

Stockport recently as well a few years back, relegated to the second division same season we went up under Megson. Relegated to tier 6 in 2013. Watched both Albion and Leamington play Stockport, doesn't look like it will happen with Scunthorpe though as Leamington are in the drop zone.

I think Oldham have got themselves some decent owners now (well, ones that aren't trying to destroy everything anyway) so may be starting to claw their way back. 

Not sure about Sarfend. 

Notts County, Oldham, Sarfend, Scunthorpe are all teams we've played against at Champ level. Thank heavens we have sensible owners who know how to run a football club, eh? Confused

RE: Scunthorpe - SW4Baggie - 04-11-2023

(04-11-2023, 03:20 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 03:09 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

I think Oldham have got themselves some decent owners now (well, ones that aren't trying to destroy everything anyway) so may be starting to claw their way back. 

Not sure about Sarfend. 

Notts County, Oldham, Sarfend, Scunthorpe are all teams we've played against at Champ level. Thank heavens we have sensible owners who know how to run a football club, eh? Confused

In fairness though, all of those clubs are historically much smaller clubs, and whilst Tier 6 is perhaps below them all, it would be a much bigger shock to see us drop to that level.

Notts County, Oldham and Stockport all very much on the way back up now, but the future looks very bleak for Southend and Scunny.

Think we’ve played York City in the 2nd tier too, but may have imagined that, they’ve only just returned to the National League.

RE: Scunthorpe - DemonicBaggie - 04-11-2023

Scunny's decline is a real shocker. Lots of ex League teams have been dabbling in obscurity for decades - Bradford Park Avenue, Aldershot and Workington for example. Not that they ever played in the higher echelons but all teams that represent sizeable cities or towns.

RE: Scunthorpe - Old Stroller - 04-11-2023

(04-11-2023, 03:24 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: In fairness though, all of those clubs are historically much smaller clubs, and whilst Tier 6 is perhaps below them all, it would be a much bigger shock to see us drop to that level.

Notts County, Oldham and Stockport all very much on the way back up now, but the future looks very bleak for Southend and Scunny.

Think we’ve played York City in the 2nd tier too, but may have imagined that, they’ve only just returned to the National League.

I remember us playing York City in the mid 1970s. I was also there when York played at Dudley Town in the FA Cup. The York fans got an absolute pasting trying to get back to their coaches on the zoo car park.