WBAUnofficial
One rule for one - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: One rule for one (/showthread.php?tid=2808)

Pages: 1 2

RE: One rule for one - karlalb10n - 03-15-2019

Is it because the Blues fan has been convicted and the Arsenal fan is innocent until proven guilty perhaps? Also, why aren't Villa been held accountable for their players running into the crowd which created problems of its own?

RE: One rule for one - cornishbaggie - 03-15-2019

(03-15-2019, 02:55 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:42 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 02:32 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 01:35 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:24 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I'm all for parity, but the Blues incident was far more serious.

Sorry Spandau, can't agree with that, they both entered the field of play and they both assaulted a player, that is all the F A should be interested in. The level of assault is a matter for the law.

In terms of ensuring player safety, both clubs have failed equally in letting a spectator enter the field of play – so both should be equally punished. I am still at a loss as to what the stewards are there for if they can’t stop an individual fan entering the field of play. It’s very poor, and ultimately could cost a players life in the wrong circumstances. It is that serious.

The question here is; Should the punishment be based on the actions of the individual that the club cannot control? If the answer to that question is ‘yes’, then Blues are right to get punished more severely than Arsenal. 

The action of running up to a player, who is unaware the attack in coming and assaulting him from behind is, cowardly, and far more serious / dangerous than mocking an apposition player – not that the latter should be defended.

The Arsenal fan, pushed Smalling hence why he is being charged with common assault, so both instances a player has been assaulted, both instances are the same, the severity of the assaults are down to the law to deal with, not the F A.

I get your point, honestly I do. But to judge both fans and their actions and intentions as the same isn't fair.

One clearly had intentions of assault and dare I say injuring the opposition player. The other was mocking the opposition after the players side conceded a goal. 

Both are equally stupid and shouldn't happen on a football pitch. But one incident is more severe than the other.

Maybe I've read the second incident at the Emirates completely wrong?

I'm honestly not trying to score points, just make a point. Let us just say that the Blues fan ran on the pitch and punched Grealish and Grealish just got up, shook himself down and carried on, which is what happened and the Arsenal fan ran on the pitch and pushed smalling in the back, which is also what happened, BUT, Smalling goes over and injures himself, which then is worse ? That is why the F A should just act on the actions of both morons, not the severity.