WBAUnofficial
We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement (/showthread.php?tid=2512)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - Spandaubaggie - 03-03-2019

Was saying this to a mate today and he agreed. Somehow 8 seasons of Prem football has changed the clubs fans. 
As hideous as last night was, and it looks to have ended automatic hopes, the lack of patience in allowing Moore to get us back is staggering.
Regardless of poor tactics, substitutions, etc, I should think looking at the state of Villa and the two teams that went down with us should give us perspective. 
A club that endured losses galore and was alienated from the fans is now winning enough to be 4th and the football is watchable again. 
I can’t control the team selection but as long as the Albion play I will always get behind them.
I’m not confident of us going up as I think we have had 6 days that have defined the season, but I hope that I’m wrong, but just as much I wish that some of our fans would count our blessings. 
We’re 4th have a relatively comfortable run in and the Albion need support. I hope we properly get behind them.

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - Sliced - 03-03-2019

Spot on

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - Hopalong - 03-03-2019

It's unlikely but with a sensible re-shuffle we could win nearly every game and go up as Champions.   It's hardly a daunting fixture list.  

You never know!  Wink

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - baggie93 - 03-03-2019

I think for a fair few there's another perspective. Take Gary Monk at Blues and what he has to work with compared to Moore. They aren't far behind us given what he has at his disposal and although Moore may be learning his trade, Monk is hardly a stalwart.
Of course, continued support of the team goes without saying but I personally feel Moore isn't learning particularly well, is tactically inept and steadily blowing our chances with what I guess is one of, if not the biggest, wage bill squad in the league.
Whilst we don't have a divine right to go up I do think someone with more nous would have had us in a far stronger position now. And, let's face it, we have consistently shot ourselves in the foot and not, as Moore suggests, learnt from it.

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - tiptontown - 03-03-2019

(03-03-2019, 01:45 AM)baggie93 Wrote: I think for a fair few there's another perspective. Take Gary Monk at Blues and what he has to work with compared to Moore. They aren't far behind us given what he has at his disposal and although Moore may be learning his trade, Monk is hardly a stalwart.
Of course, continued support of the team goes without saying but I personally feel Moore isn't learning particularly well, is tactically inept and steadily blowing our chances with what I guess is one of, if not the biggest, wage bill squad in the league.
Whilst we don't have a divine right to go up I do think someone with more nous would have had us in a far stronger position now. And, let's face it, we have consistently shot ourselves in the foot and not, as Moore suggests, learnt from it.

There's less expectation at Blues. Anything better than relegation is good.
Monk got bombed out at Boro and Leeds where he was expected to do better, so it's not quite as black and white as you try to make out. We're looked upon as one of the better teams in the division and teams will raise their game against us. Yes, we need to cope with that, but you've only got to look at Stoke to see how things can go badly wrong with a decent squad (on paper).

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - richbaggie - 03-03-2019

(03-03-2019, 01:45 AM)baggie93 Wrote: I think for a fair few there's another perspective. Take Gary Monk at Blues and what he has to work with compared to Moore. They aren't far behind us given what he has at his disposal and although Moore may be learning his trade, Monk is hardly a stalwart.

Monk has managed around 5 times the games DM has managed. Hes managed since 2014. That's a heck of lot more learning along the way. A journey that's seen a lot of mistakes made hence hes been sacked 3 times in 5 years.

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - Russbaggie03 - 03-03-2019

Agreed, the one thing that has disappointed me the most this season is the total lack of atmosphere at the Hawthorns. This expectation/nervousness has 100% rubbed off on players at home and the Fans have only really got going in a few games. I hope a relatively United front can remain as going to need a few cauldron atmospheres for the play offs!

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - baggiebloke - 03-03-2019

I don't know if it's a sense of entitlement or whether the support reflects broader society and the general fall/change in behavioural standards.

Let's face it, this message board goes apeshit after a poor result because its easy for people to spout off.

I'd guess it is very much the same for many other club's support and their message boards...

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - Llandudno Baggie - 03-03-2019

(03-03-2019, 09:18 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I don't know if it's a sense of entitlement or whether the support reflects broader society and the general fall/change in behavioural standards.

Let's face it, this message board goes apeshit after a poor result because its easy for people to spout off.

I'd guess it is very much the same for many other club's support and their message boards...
Yes, would agree with that.
But as far as the OP is concerned, i had a nosey on a Sheff Utd board last week after the defeat. What was worrying was the general consensus amongst their fans that we were an arrogant bunch, collectively expecting to stroll to winning, and that we were disliked intensely - very much in the same esteem we hold for Villa.
I'm afraid i found that a bit of a worry.

RE: We’ve a fan base with a sense of entitlement - Spandaubaggie - 03-03-2019

(03-03-2019, 12:57 AM)Hopalong Wrote: It's unlikely but with a sensible re-shuffle we could win nearly every game and go up as Champions.   It's hardly a daunting fixture list.  

You never know!  Wink

Always welcome your optimism. I try to be pragmatic and realistic but most on here go into doomsday mode when we have a bad result or run.
Fact is we’ve consistently been good enough for where we are now and 4th or 5th most likely finish.
However, think our run in offers hope of something better.
Nerves could affect those above us. I’d say it’s 70 30 against though.