WBAUnofficial
Derby...Again - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Derby...Again (/showthread.php?tid=23522)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Derby...Again - Borin' Baggie - 01-15-2022

Has permutations for us. They released a statement that effectively said that unless Wycombe and Middlesbrough settle or withdraw legal challenges they are likely to go under

RE: Derby...Again - Pragmatist - 01-15-2022

The whole thing is very worrying. The administrators simply can’t afford to contest the legal claims by Middlesbrough and Wycombe so Derby will lose by default, regardless of the merits of the claims.

Very sad state of affairs.

RE: Derby...Again - Birdman1811 - 01-15-2022

If it went to court, Wycombe and 'Boro have no chance of winning the case. It is literally being done to punish Derby and see them wind up at this point.

RE: Derby...Again - Noibla - 01-15-2022

Boro’s Chief Exec is on the board of the EFL…the same person lodging the lawsuit against them

RE: Derby...Again - SW4Baggie - 01-15-2022

It’s a really tough situation as no fan ought to want to see any community or supporter lose their club, but Derby have ludicrously overspent and cheated, and this cheating has had negative effects on other clubs.

The biggest issue will be HMRC… Believe Derby owe them c.£30m in PAYE which Morris deliberately misappropriated despite collecting from employees. HMRC will not settle due to the floodgates it will open going forward. Even if Derby manage to find a resolution with Boro and Wycombe, I can’t see how they survive without someone putting in huge amounts of money for an asset that’s not even worth a third of their current liabilities, and that’s before you consider Mel Morris’s loan debt.

RE: Derby...Again - Fido - 01-15-2022

(01-15-2022, 10:02 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: If it went to court, Wycombe and 'Boro have no chance of winning the case. It is literally being done to punish Derby and see them wind up at this point.

I wonder if this is all delaying the inevitable i.e. what would have happened if Derby had the points deduction last season and Wycombe stayed up? Would they have lost too much money going down to survive anyway? I wouldn't want to see any club go under but taking the piss and living outside of the rules of economics has to bite at some stage.

RE: Derby...Again - Duffers - 01-15-2022

Feels like an attempt to paint Wycombe/Boro as the bad guys and publicly pressure them into dropping it. Playing the whole “if we fold it’s their fault” angle.

RE: Derby...Again - Sliced - 01-15-2022

(01-15-2022, 10:02 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: If it went to court, Wycombe and 'Boro have no chance of winning the case. It is literally being done to punish Derby and see them wind up at this point.

I’m surprised Wycombe’s gripe isn’t more with the EFL, however they definitely have a right to feel aggrieved with Derby too

RE: Derby...Again - Fido - 01-15-2022

(01-15-2022, 10:39 AM)Duffers Wrote: Feels like an attempt to paint Wycombe/Boro as the bad guys and publicly pressure them into dropping it. Playing the whole “if we fold it’s their fault” angle.

That's exactly what it is.

RE: Derby...Again - SussexBaggie - 01-15-2022

Football and PAYE have never been easy bedfellows somehow... too much temptation despite the simple principle that you deduct from wages and pay it over to the tax man. Despite many deals done/time to pay in the past with clubs, I can't see how HMRC could let go of this one whilst aggresively closing down other businesses for far less reason than this one.
My ancestor investigated and reported on the finances & fraud at Derby County Football Club in 1890,.. "kept in a very loose and unsatisfactory manner".