WBAUnofficial
Lampard - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Lampard (/showthread.php?tid=18451)

Pages: 1 2 3

Lampard - Peachy - 06-11-2021

What the crack with Frank? Early reports suggested he was the one Lai wanted and the board wanted Wilder.

Lai pulled the plug on Wilder so why has all the Lampard talk disappeared?

He has supposedly been interviewed. Maybe he's asking for too much money but given he's set for life and also must have had a huge golden handshake from Abramovich I'd be surprised if the salary was a stumbling block.

Other reports are he wants a Prem job. Well Spurs or Everton won't go for him which leaves Palace but surely if they wanted him he'd be in there now.

I still have a funny feeling we are waiting for him....

RE: Lampard - Birdman1811 - 06-11-2021

I hope not.

Don't understand what people see in him.

RE: Lampard - B36baggie - 06-11-2021

Would think he is nailed on for Fulham

RE: Lampard - DJPunkRoc - 06-11-2021

I do wonder at what point in relative richness people stop wanting more.

If I'd told 20 year old me I'd be earning what I earn now I'd have been stunned that I'd have been bothered to earn more and push on. But I'd still appreciate more even now.

At the other end of the scale, look at Bezos et al - why does he bother shitting on workers, suppliers, tax collectors etc to earn more? He can't possibly need more (expensive divorce included). Surely once you've hit a billion (or, for most of us, a million lying spare as a buffer in a bank account with revenue commitments covered) you don't need to be bothered any more?

Fundamentally I'm lazy. Something other than money drives these people.

RE: Lampard - MrFizz - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 09:28 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: I do wonder at what point in relative richness people stop wanting more.

If I'd told 20 year old me I'd be earning what I earn now I'd have been stunned that I'd have been bothered to earn more and push on.  But I'd still appreciate more even now.

At the other end of the scale, look at Bezos et al - why does he bother shitting on workers, suppliers, tax collectors etc to earn more?  He can't possibly need more (expensive divorce included).  Surely once you've hit a billion (or, for most of us, a million lying spare as a buffer in a bank account with revenue commitments covered) you don't need to be bothered any more?

Fundamentally I'm lazy.  Something other than money drives these people.

Its Ego. Its a bit like the old Harry Enfield sketch "Cos i am considerably richer than yow!!"

(06-11-2021, 09:34 AM)MrFizz Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 09:28 AM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: I do wonder at what point in relative richness people stop wanting more.

If I'd told 20 year old me I'd be earning what I earn now I'd have been stunned that I'd have been bothered to earn more and push on.  But I'd still appreciate more even now.

At the other end of the scale, look at Bezos et al - why does he bother shitting on workers, suppliers, tax collectors etc to earn more?  He can't possibly need more (expensive divorce included).  Surely once you've hit a billion (or, for most of us, a million lying spare as a buffer in a bank account with revenue commitments covered) you don't need to be bothered any more?

Fundamentally I'm lazy.  Something other than money drives these people.

Its Ego. Its a bit like the old Harry Enfield sketch "Cos i am considerably richer than yow!!"

It's a mindset I struggle with.  Even though I'm quite selfish, bordering sociopathic at times, I'd still want to be seen as the good guy.  The constant reports about me (on tax, workers, suppliers etc) would outweigh the need to be powerful/richer/a winner for my shareholders.  

People still talk and kids get taught about George Cadbury's legacy even now.  I suspect history will judge Bezos et al differently.

RE: Lampard - Peachy - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 09:20 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I hope not.

Don't understand what people see in him.

Don't get me wrong I don't want him. I merely meant if he was Lai's choice then I wouldn't yet rule him out.

RE: Lampard - Artist - 06-11-2021

"It is also understood Frank Lampard has been sounded out about the job but isn’t interested in the role"

Todays E&S

RE: Lampard - Squid - 06-11-2021

(06-11-2021, 10:35 AM)Artist Wrote: "It is also understood Frank Lampard has been sounded out about the job but isn’t interested in the role"

Todays E&S

But the ITK's swore that Lai wanted Lampard. Hmm.

(06-11-2021, 10:46 AM)Squid Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 10:35 AM)Artist Wrote: "It is also understood Frank Lampard has been sounded out about the job but isn’t interested in the role"

Todays E&S

But the ITK's swore that Lai wanted Lampard. Hmm.

I need to see the Whatsapp between Dowling and Lamps pronto.  

Don't resign - fuck 'em up first.