WBAUnofficial
Missing Woy! - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Missing Woy! (/showthread.php?tid=14976)

Pages: 1 2 3

Missing Woy! - Lillwall's left foot - 01-14-2021

Only had to watch half an hour of Palace vs Arse to get a bit misty eyed about Uncle Woy.   Not like watching Brazil by any means but superbly organised and solid PL team......wasn't that long ago was it??

RE: Missing Woy! - coxy134 - 01-14-2021

I love roy, but there were a few games that were dire.

RE: Missing Woy! - Dumbo - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 08:42 PM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote: Only had to watch half an hour of Palace vs Arse to get a bit misty eyed about Uncle Woy.   Not like watching Brazil by any means but superbly organised and solid PL team......wasn't that long ago was it??

That 11/12 season was great.

Stuttered a fair bit at home but we were fucking terrific away. Some absolute belter away days that season I was at...

Stoke, Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves, Villa, Newcastle, Liverpool.

RE: Missing Woy! - Black Lake Victoria - 01-14-2021

Everton at home during one Christmas was the worst game I'd ever watched

RE: Missing Woy! - Super_Slav - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 09:00 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: Everton at home during one Christmas was the worst game I'd ever watched

That the one Big Vic scored in injury time for Everton of course!

RE: Missing Woy! - Black Lake Victoria - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 09:02 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:00 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: Everton at home during one Christmas was the worst game I'd ever watched

That the one Big Vic scored in injury time for Everton of course!

That's the one

RE: Missing Woy! - MancBaggie - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 08:48 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:42 PM)Lillwall's left foot Wrote: Only had to watch half an hour of Palace vs Arse to get a bit misty eyed about Uncle Woy.   Not like watching Brazil by any means but superbly organised and solid PL team......wasn't that long ago was it??

Stuttered a fair bit at home but we were fucking terrific away. Some absolute belter away days that season I was at...

Which away win are you missing - that season?

RE: Missing Woy! - Dumbo - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 09:28 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Norwich. First points of the season after losing our opening 3 or 4 IIRC.

Lucky as well we were battered by Norwich after scoring a goal in the first few seconds but managed to hold on. 

And ofcourse, Bolton was a draw but was a big party. Fancy dress, last away game, Roy’s last game. 2-0 down back to 2-2...felt like a win.

RE: Missing Woy! - Spandaubaggie - 01-14-2021

I recall after a defeat in that era saying to some OTT moaner breath in what we have as in a few years we’ll look back on it as the good old days. That 2 years under Roy and then Clarke was a golden era in the past 35. Other Prem seasons we have been either cannon fodder or endured the eye bleeding football of the Pulis era.

RE: Missing Woy! - MancBaggie - 01-14-2021

(01-14-2021, 09:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 09:28 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Norwich. First points of the season after losing our opening 3 or 4 IIRC.

Lucky as well we were battered by Norwich after scoring a goal in the first few seconds but managed to hold on. 

And ofcourse, Bolton was a draw but was a big party. Fancy dress, last away game, Roy’s last game. 2-0 down back to 2-2...felt like a win.

Yep. Odemwinge got the winner and then missed a pen. Tamas lucky to stay on after smashing their sub

Look at us now - getting battered left right and centre.