WBAUnofficial
On a lighter note. - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: On a lighter note. (/showthread.php?tid=14972)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: On a lighter note. - Bear Town Baggie - 01-15-2021

My wife came with me to watch us against PNE, can't remember if it was in the 70Confused or 80's.We lost 1-0.
What astounded me was after about 10 minutes she said she was bored and took out a book and started to read. 
The book was probably more interesting than the game. 
She hasn't been since.

RE: On a lighter note. - Birdman1811 - 01-15-2021

(01-15-2021, 06:58 AM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:25 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 05:20 PM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: No way my wife would come to football or even watch it on the telly no interest
in it what's so ever, suits me down to ground, football should be a lads day?

Why?

Do you really need to ask.?

I know we have been here before but i'm old school
and I really like to go to the match with my mates
if my wife liked football I would encourage her to watch Albion Women.

And women attending stops you watching it with your mates... How?

RE: On a lighter note. - HUGHIE REED31 - 01-15-2021

(01-15-2021, 08:37 AM)lesley Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 05:20 PM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: No way my wife would come to football or even watch it on the telly no interest

Why?

Hughie Reed31
Nothing wrong with you attending football matches with your mates, but why are you so against women attending the same games? Genuine question, seems to be a very sexist view!

I don't mean to come across as sexist Lesley ,but as I said my
wife has got no interest in football and it's just something I
have always done without her and if I am being honest
all the lads I know who go to football would not want their wife's to go
with them.

I don't think that's sexist, bit old fashioned maybe.

RE: On a lighter note. - lesley - 01-15-2021

(01-15-2021, 09:31 AM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 08:37 AM)lesley Wrote:

Why?

Hughie Reed31
Nothing wrong with you attending football matches with your mates, but why are you so against women attending the same games? Genuine question, seems to be a very sexist view!

I don't mean to come across as sexist Lesley ,but as I said my
wife has got no interest in football and it's just something I
have always done without her and if I am being honest
all the lads I know who go to football would not want their wife's to go
with them.

I don't think that's sexist, bit old fashioned maybe.

Ok, so I get the fact that football is the thing you’ve always done with your mates and wives tagging along would somehow change the atmosphere of your Sat afternoons and if I’m honest I would probably prefer not to go up the Albion with my husband on a regular basis ( which I don’t!)

For me, it’s something I’ve done either with a girlfriend in the early days, then my Dad and now I go alone, but have sat in the same seat for so long I’ve got to know people around me and having hubby there would somehow feel odd. I think it’s good that partners don’t live in each other’s pockets and have their own interests and hobbies. However it sounded like you wanted women banned from football stadiums! Tongue Your original post did come across as something from out of the ark, but I do understand what you’re saying.

RE: On a lighter note. - MancBaggie - 01-15-2021

(01-14-2021, 11:33 PM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: My missus is a Yank, into baseball,  Cincinnati Reds. When we came back over,after I'd lived over there for 15 years,I persuaded her to get a season ticket with me. Pulis Ball totally alienated her from watching. She couldn't understand why we just hoofed the ball while other teams passed to their own players. She actually fell asleep a few times, although I do remember her being totally bewitched by Alexis Sanchez, playing for Arsenal. Called him twinkle toes, or summat along those lines !!

What did she call Craig Gardner?

RE: On a lighter note. - Duffers - 01-15-2021

(01-15-2021, 10:34 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 11:33 PM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: My missus is a Yank, into baseball,  Cincinnati Reds. When we came back over,after I'd lived over there for 15 years,I persuaded her to get a season ticket with me. Pulis Ball totally alienated her from watching. She couldn't understand why we just hoofed the ball while other teams passed to their own players. She actually fell asleep a few times, although I do remember her being totally bewitched by Alexis Sanchez, playing for Arsenal. Called him twinkle toes, or summat along those lines !!

What did she call Craig Gardner?

The guy playing in concrete boots?

RE: On a lighter note. - HUGHIE REED31 - 01-15-2021

However it sounded like you wanted women banned from football stadiums!

Not all women Lesley (just the ones I know)

I am old school so I do say some things that might not be politically correct
and I know a fewer of the younger ones on this board always seem as though
they want to jump on anything that does not conform to the new woke way of life.

No offence meant just my view.

RE: On a lighter note. - The liquidator - 01-15-2021

Hughie your long in the tooth same as me and its nice to have a bit of me time without the wife and enjoy a good old catch up with you're mates without checking if she is OK even though most of my mates know her.
I've always asked if she wants to meet me after her exact words were ' why do I want to meet up a bunch of half cut blokes (including me) talking about a game they have watched and talking about their latest conquest and eyeing up the local birds NO THANKS!

Alot of the times I go late and drive and get back so we can go out and meet friends and I'm not half cut as she puts it.

RE: On a lighter note. - coxy134 - 01-15-2021

(01-15-2021, 09:09 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Why?

And women attending stops you watching it with your mates... How?

This puzzles me, it was nice to take MRS C, but if I had the choice mates everytime? Whats wrong with saying that? Yet we can talk about a young girls arse in a chipshop?
Mrs C often says she prefers shopping without me.

RE: On a lighter note. - Birdman1811 - 01-15-2021

It's perfectly fine to say you prefer going with mates. It's when people say shit like China did in the past simply saying women shouldn't be at matches at all.