WBAUnofficial
1999-2000 season - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 1999-2000 season (/showthread.php?tid=14884)

Pages: 1 2 3

1999-2000 season - Cheshire East Baggie - 01-09-2021

Sir Gary Megson brought in 5 players on deadline day (which was in March in those days). They all played every match and we avoided the drop by a whisker.

I won't be surprised if Sam does something similar. I guess he's explained to the players what he thinks of them and they haven't responded well to fully-deserved criticism. None of the key players looked interested tonight. No excuses for unprofessional behaviour.

RE: 1999-2000 season - dpb2002 - 01-09-2021

I think 5 is the minimum we need if we are so stand any chance at all - and that’s on top of Snodgrass

RE: 1999-2000 season - Jack Halford - 01-09-2021

I think we need at least 8 more...

RE: 1999-2000 season - Dumbo - 01-09-2021

We need 11 new starters and a new manager for me.

RE: 1999-2000 season - foreveralbion - 01-09-2021

i would not let bfs have a penny more.

hes finished.

RE: 1999-2000 season - Hopalong - 01-10-2021

(01-09-2021, 06:05 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: i would not let bfs have a penny more.

hes finished.

In the interests of fairness and balance, Snodgrass looks a bloody good signing based on the current situation!

RE: 1999-2000 season - Cunninghamismagic - 01-10-2021

Megson played direct football focusing on hard work and organisation. Albion legend. Roy focused on defensive solidity and organisation. Hugely popular at Albion. Allardyce does the same... fat dinosaur.
His start hasn't been great but he had similar starts at other clubs. Needs to be judged in a months time when he has brought some of his own players in not now. If things haven't improved by then... fine to lambast him. Too early yet though given the mentally fragile players he's inherited.

RE: 1999-2000 season - Dumbo - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 01:12 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Megson played direct football focusing on hard work and organisation. Albion legend. Roy focused on defensive solidity and organisation. Hugely popular at Albion. Allardyce does the same... fat dinosaur.
His start hasn't been great but he had similar starts at other clubs. Needs to be judged in a months time when he has brought some of his own players in not now. If things haven't improved by then... fine to lambast him. Too early yet though given the mentally fragile players he's inherited.

We’ve regressed under him. If you watch the matches, you can see that. 

We’ve conceded 15 goals in 5 games under him. Where is the defensive solidity and organisation? We’ve scored 3 goals in 5 games. 1 was a penalty and the other 2 were headers from a defender. Only Ajai has scored from open play under him. The stats are galling.

Thing we’re not right under Slav and a change was potentially needed. But we’ve fucked it up massively and now we are worse.

RE: 1999-2000 season - Dumbo - 01-10-2021

(01-10-2021, 01:12 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Megson played direct football focusing on hard work and organisation. Albion legend. Roy focused on defensive solidity and organisation. Hugely popular at Albion. Allardyce does the same... fat dinosaur.

We have regressed under Sam. That is a fact. Points wise, goals for, goals against, performance, tactically ....every aspect. Anyone that watches the matches can see this.

Defensive solidity and organisation! We’ve conceded 15 goals in 5 games. We’ve scored 3 goals in 5 games. Two headers and a penalty. 2 of which were against a division 3 team, may I add. Ajai is the only player to score from open play under him. 

I didn’t want Slav out but understood the need for a change. However we have got that change catastrophically wrong and now we are worse.

RE: 1999-2000 season - baggiebloke - 01-10-2021

You can say that again.