WBAUnofficial
Sweden...oh - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Sweden...oh (/showthread.php?tid=14479)

Pages: 1 2

Sweden...oh - Derek Hardballs - 12-22-2020

To the ‘let’s go back to normal’ advocates (being polite) past, present and lurking no doubt...

Sweden

RE: Sweden...oh - HawkingsHalfpint - 12-22-2020

Interesting read. I’ve been following their progress with more than a touch of Schadenfreude, having worked for a couple of years on the board of a Swedish industrialist (whom when I left, placed me on several months garden leave and then ‘forgot’ to pay me). Their smugness over this came as no surprise to me, and it’s equally unsurprising that they are looking more than a little red-faced.

Sweden likes to do what is popular. It didn’t want to punish its citizens by hampering their affluent, sociable lifestyle. But it did exactly that a few years back when it allowed train-loads of Syrian and other refugees over the Copenhagen-Malmö crossing, the impact of which its sinister press did very well to conceal from international attention; instead focusing on how great they were. With so many deaths, they’ve had to admit defeat on this. And while I don’t ever want to witness people suffering or indeed dying, the world is more than justified in telling Sweden that we told her so.

RE: Sweden...oh - Tom Joad - 12-23-2020

HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:Interesting read. I’ve been following their progress with more than a touch of Schadenfreude, having worked for a couple of years on the board of a Swedish industrialist (whom when I left, placed me on several months garden leave and then ‘forgot’ to pay me). Their smugness over this came as no surprise to me, and it’s equally unsurprising that they are looking more than a little red-faced.

Sweden likes to do what is popular. It didn’t want to punish its citizens by hampering their affluent, sociable lifestyle. But it did exactly that a few years back when it allowed train-loads of Syrian and other refugees over the Copenhagen-Malmö crossing, the impact of which its sinister press did very well to conceal from international attention; instead focusing on how great they were. With so many deaths, they’ve had to admit defeat on this. And while I don’t ever want to witness people suffering or indeed dying, the world is more than justified in telling Sweden that we told her so.
I have read about this. The results of it are quite grim and a terrible lesson on How Not to do Immigration/Asylum which has simply  caused awful division. Yet all the while Sweden was lauded as the forward thinking, humanitarian example.

Re the Covid article, It makes for scary reading but is short on actual figures other than vague statements. TBH, the most reliable source of information since this has begun is Baggy 1's thread. Covering the basics, hospitalisations and excess deaths, it is simply the best way to forecast the scale of things. How mad is that?  On a football message board!  Most of the newspapers publish from their own particular viewpoint rather than giving us actual news to allow us to make up our own minds. Thus leading to an approach where they preach to the already converted.

RE: Sweden...oh - Protheroe - 12-23-2020

(12-22-2020, 10:52 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Sweden likes to do what is popular. It didn’t want to punish its citizens by hampering their affluent, sociable lifestyle. But it did exactly that a few years back when it allowed train-loads of Syrian and other refugees over the Copenhagen-Malmö crossing, the impact of which its sinister press did very well to conceal from international attention; instead focusing on how great they were. With so many deaths, they’ve had to admit defeat on this. And while I don’t ever want to witness people suffering or indeed dying, the world is more than justified in telling Sweden that we told her so.

A left wing poster on this board lent me Douglas Murray's "The Strange Death of Europe" - what Sweden concealed, was / is being concealed across the continent.

RE: Sweden...oh - Derek Hardballs - 12-23-2020

(12-23-2020, 12:28 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:Interesting read. I’ve been following their progress with more than a touch of Schadenfreude, having worked for a couple of years on the board of a Swedish industrialist (whom when I left, placed me on several months garden leave and then ‘forgot’ to pay me). Their smugness over this came as no surprise to me, and it’s equally unsurprising that they are looking more than a little red-faced.

I have read about this. The results of it are quite grim and a terrible lesson on How Not to do Immigration/Asylum which has simply  caused awful division. Yet all the while Sweden was lauded as the forward thinking, humanitarian example.

Re the Covid article, It makes for scary reading but is short on actual figures other than vague statements. TBH, the most reliable source of information since this has begun is Baggy 1's thread. Covering the basics, hospitalisations and excess deaths, it is simply the best way to forecast the scale of things. How mad is that?  On a football message board!  Most of the newspapers publish from their own particular viewpoint rather than giving us actual news to allow us to make up our own minds. Thus leading to an approach where they preach to the already converted.

Vague statements? Like population density, stats on who lives alone compared to the UK. a link to Business Insider that gives figures regarding Sweden's economy. Links to other articles that give death rates, direct quotes from politicians and experts, examples of what is actually happening on the ground with Sweden having to ask Finland and Norway for help. Death rates significantly higher than their neighbours etc. The article links to numerous sources with data. 

Death Rates covered
Death Rates and economic figures
One World Data - Sweden

Libertarian fruitloops, Covid Deniers and the like shouted SWEDEN every time there was mention of a lockdown... in the UK now that example is looking rather short sighted / ill informed.

RE: Sweden...oh - TETLEY74 - 12-23-2020

(12-23-2020, 02:31 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 12:28 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

Vague statements? Like population density, stats on who lives alone compared to the UK. a link to Business Insider that gives figures regarding Sweden's economy. Links to other articles that give death rates, direct quotes from politicians and experts, examples of what is actually happening on the ground with Sweden having to ask Finland and Norway for help. Death rates significantly higher than their neighbours etc. The article links to numerous sources with data. 

Death Rates covered
Death Rates and economic figures
One World Data - Sweden

Libertarian fruitloops, Covid Deniers and the like shouted SWEDEN every time there was mention of a lockdown... in the UK now that example is looking rather short sighted / ill informed.
Talking of covid deniers anybody heard from Billy? Maybe the penny has finally dropped!

RE: Sweden...oh - Albiono - 12-23-2020

new statesmen publishes half arsed information to help preen leftie egos - and they swallow it

RE: Sweden...oh - baggy1 - 12-23-2020

(12-23-2020, 02:45 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Talking of covid deniers anybody heard from Billy? Maybe the penny has finally dropped!

Billy flounced and Albiono appeared soon after to take his place. Unfortunately Albiono doesn't have a shift key so it is entirely a different person. He works in the health sector though, but won't let us know which part.

RE: Sweden...oh - TETLEY74 - 12-23-2020

(12-23-2020, 02:52 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 02:45 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Talking of covid deniers anybody heard from Billy? Maybe the penny has finally dropped!

Billy flounced and Albiono appeared soon after to take his place. Unfortunately Albiono doesn't have a shift key so it is entirely a different person. He works in the health sector though, but won't let us know which part.

Always makes me chuckle when these people keep reinventing themselves as if no one would suspect, it becomes obivoius from almost the very first post and when challenged or called out on stuff revert back to thier previous incarnations persona, quite amusing really   Rolleyes

RE: Sweden...oh - Derek Hardballs - 12-23-2020

(12-23-2020, 02:47 PM)Albiono Wrote: new statesmen publishes half arsed information to help preen leftie egos - and they swallow it

Still not found the shift key I see. Can I say I don't want someone so lacking in the very basic IT skills to be anywhere near the health sector at any level. 

So are you Billy or Limabaggie? I'm going for Limabaggie as Billy's ego wouldn't allow himself to come across so poorly.