WBAUnofficial
“I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” (/showthread.php?tid=13426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - HawkingsHalfpint - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 07:45 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 07:34 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Well bang goes discussion on anything that there are experts in the field currently discussing, lads. Shit.

Waggle anyone?

The certainty that the study is flawed and that there is a media conspiracy or misdirection for as yet unknown reason is my point. We are all picking the science that suits our political, social or economic point of view. It has little to do with which is correct. A bit like religion perhaps some of us will pick the right one and be proven correct.

Well, if you like to think we are then that is totally up to you. As it is stomping around looking mean; when you are paying credence to articles you later go on to admit are flawed. 

But, the way I see it, most people accept that there is a killer virus on the loose, that it requires control, that there is some (quite justifiable) cause for debate over that control, and of course its consequences. These people also are quite clearly able to discern the unknown cause, and indeed the economic consequence; whether exploitative or merely consequential. And, more often - in fact more often than not - it's these same who both a) simply discern hypothesis (no matter how 'tin hat') for what it is, and are entitled to debate that - quite rationally - with or without your pot-shots; and b) accept also more than their would-be critics that now isn't really the time for the inquest. Something else that really bugs me about the know-it-alls who allow their favourite Tweet, Newfeed or InstaCreamPie of science that suits their political, social or economic point of view to phase that view, just as they allege of us. 

Which some even have the temerity to do with articles from the BBC. Now that really is the best bit.  Wink

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Derek Hardballs - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 07:36 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 07:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Who knew that there were so many scientific and medical experts on here? We must have the most disproportionate amount of experts in immunology in all of football. When all this started the tin foil was untouched, it looks like eight months on we will need to order some more.

Dekka in sheep following shocker coming up with a post that adds nothing to it other than reaffirm that he's unable.of thinking for himself.

You carry on beiiebing bojo,.Hancock and sage ..I meanwhile will live my life with my brain engaged and not sucking up what the BBC and my lefty Twitter feed tells me.

You have set yourself up as the arbiter of fact on this subject, any dissenting / sceptical voices are derided and those that make them are insulted. If I was sceptical I’d suggest you’re seeking out the science that best suits your wish to ‘go back to normal‘. That doesn’t mean it’s correct. 

I did ask previously why is this libertarian, populist government trying to curtail the rights of the fittest and their popularity with their base and hobble the economy on the eve of another shit show in the form of Brexit?

(10-27-2020, 07:57 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 07:45 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 07:34 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Well bang goes discussion on anything that there are experts in the field currently discussing, lads. Shit.

Waggle anyone?

The certainty that the study is flawed and that there is a media conspiracy or misdirection for as yet unknown reason is my point. We are all picking the science that suits our political, social or economic point of view. It has little to do with which is correct. A bit like religion perhaps some of us will pick the right one and be proven correct.

Well, if you like to think we are then that is totally up to you. As it is stomping around looking mean; when you are paying credence to articles you later go on to admit are flawed. 

But, the way I see it, most people accept that there is a killer virus on the loose, that it requires control, that there is some (quite justifiable) cause for debate over that control, and of course its consequences. These people also are quite clearly able to discern the unknown cause, and indeed the economic consequence; whether exploitative or merely consequential. And, more often - in fact more often than not - it's these same who both a) simply discern hypothesis (no matter how 'tin hat') for what it is, and are entitled to debate that - quite rationally - with or without your pot-shots; and b) accept also more than their would-be critics that now isn't really the time for the inquest. Something else that really bugs me about the know-it-alls who allow their favourite Tweet, Newfeed or InstaCreamPie of science that suits their political, social or economic point of view to phase that view, just as they allege of us. 

Which some even have the temerity to do with articles from the BBC. Now that really is the best bit.  Wink

I wouldn’t use the BBC link as they are handcuffed by the illuminati or Ofcom as they are known from reporting the truth.

I couldn’t be more cynical about our governments motivations as an earlier post of yours suggests you know. However I haven’t read one decent, credible argument for why they would have taken the action they have. We can argue the toss about the the messaging, contradictory measures, the competence or lack of with regards to their handling but why would they and half the globe be acting as they are without credible scientific reason? If there are credible reasons that can be backed up with facts then great but I haven’t read any on here.

(10-27-2020, 08:27 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 07:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Who knew that there were so many scientific and medical experts on here? We must have the most disproportionate amount of experts in immunology in all of football. When all this started the tin foil was untouched, it looks like eight months on we will need to order some more.

I mean, I actually am, and happy to prove credentials privately. My disappointment with the BBC article is that it's misrepresented what the study has claimed to have shown. My disappointment with the study is that it's completely missed the opportunity to provide something really useful by testing each participant only once, and not the same participants in both July, August and September.

No tin foil hat from me. Just stating that the study isn't very informative, despite it literally being front page BBC news.

Slice I did know you were as you have said you worked in the field previously on the politics board and have no reason to doubt you, but this was a wider point than the BBC report. The suggestions that there is some conspiracy at worst at best media blackout of telling the truth about Covid I would like some proof of. I think I’m allowed to be sceptical of the Covid mainstream science sceptics as they are of them.  Wink

Anyway will a vaccine work? Will we get one and will we go ‘back to normal’?

(10-27-2020, 08:27 PM)Sliced Wrote:

I mean, I actually am, and happy to prove credentials privately. My disappointment with the BBC article is that it's misrepresented what the study has claimed to have shown. My disappointment with the study is that it's completely missed the opportunity to provide something really useful by testing each participant only once, and not the same participants in both July, August and September.

No tin foil hat from me. Just stating that the study isn't very informative, despite it literally being front page BBC news.

Slice I did know you were as you have said you worked in the field previously on the politics board and have no reason to doubt you (that’s one expert at least Wink ) but this was a wider point than the BBC report. The suggestions that there is some conspiracy at worst at best media blackout of telling the truth about Covid I would like some proof of. I think I’m allowed to be sceptical of the Covid mainstream science sceptics as they are of them. [Image: wink.png]

Anyway will a vaccine work? Will we get one and will we go ‘back to normal’?

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Sliced - 10-27-2020

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Madness - 10-27-2020

Looks like the experts elsewhere havent really got any ideas either

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - baggpuss - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 08:49 PM)Madness Wrote:

Looks like the experts elsewhere havent really got any ideas either

Get yourself off up Wetherspoons - they have all the answers in there!!

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - HawkingsHalfpint - 10-27-2020

So in a roundabout way, we agree, with sufficient wriggle-room to disagree.

What a waste of 3 digital pages. What will the Paper Industry make of this so soon after claiming victory over the fabric mask mills of Indochina!

EDIT - one page at best. But then it wouldn't be such a headline-grabbing reply, but then it is without the sass and volume and sexiness of and endless ream of quotations either Wink

BBC, Fox, whoever. People are dying and not even the experts can tell us why. Yet. For whatever reason that may be.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - billybassett - 10-27-2020

"You have set yourself up as the arbiter of fact on this subject, any dissenting / sceptical voices are derided and those that make them are insulted. If I was sceptical I’d suggest you’re seeking out the science that best suits your wish to ‘go back to normal‘. That doesn’t mean it’s correct"

I've not insulted anybody. If anything it has been the reverse.

I'm not an arbiter of fact I'm a reader and questioner of fact. I have done my reading across many studies areas people and I've come to be conclusion that I am.comfortable to say and backup. I've read all the sage reports and data, I'm.lucky enough to have access to.bmj Lancet nature science because of my wife's pharma job.

Nobody has yet provided me with any evidence to change my mind on these :

- faulty PCR test why won't Hancock publish the false positive rate you get with every PCR test variant

- masks don't work, you've only got to look at the range of studies to know this

- lockdowns don't work. Everyone has done this against who guidance they published 2019 after considering many pandemics..China started this and that's why everyone followed. Only got to see the data mind to see that lockdowns haven't had a significant impact

- the future health and wellbeing of the general population is now being harmed in greater amounts than this flu is inflicting

But carry on dekka I'm not trying to convince you anymore I know you'll have your head in the sand long after the world has burned

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Madness - 10-27-2020

Derek Hardballs

What would be your plan to solve this?