WBAUnofficial
“I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” (/showthread.php?tid=13426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Derek Hardballs - 10-27-2020

Who knew that there were so many scientific and medical experts on here? We must have the most disproportionate amount of experts in immunology in all of football. When all this started the tin foil was untouched, it looks like eight months on we will need to order some more.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - AnelkasBeard - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 07:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Who knew that there were so many scientific and medical experts on here? We must have the most disproportionate amount of experts in immunology in all of football. When all this started the tin foil was untouched, it looks like eight months on we will need to order some more.

My sauce is from a friend who has a PhD in immunology... and she was particularly scathing of this report.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - HawkingsHalfpint - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 07:06 PM)AnelkasBeard Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 07:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Who knew that there were so many scientific and medical experts on here? We must have the most disproportionate amount of experts in immunology in all of football. When all this started the tin foil was untouched, it looks like eight months on we will need to order some more.

My sauce is from a friend who has a PhD in immunology... and she was particularly scathing of this report.

Sssshh! If you ignore him, he might pick on some Tories instead (and allow us to resume this without the need to wave our credentials around).

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - ChamonixBaggie - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 07:00 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Who knew that there were so many scientific and medical experts on here? We must have the most disproportionate amount of experts in immunology in all of football. When all this started the tin foil was untouched, it looks like eight months on we will need to order some more.

Is it that surprising that a fair few people, having a couple of braincells to rub together, have read up on a subject that has become incredibly pertinent to everyday life for virtually the entire world in a short space of time? I don't think anyone is claiming to be an expert but it's not outrageous that people are much more informed now than they otherwise might be

(10-27-2020, 07:09 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:

Is it that surprising that a fair few people, having a couple of braincells to rub together, have read up on a subject that has become incredibly pertinent to everyday life for virtually the entire world in a short space of time? I don't think anyone is claiming to be an expert but it's not outrageous that people are much more informed now than they otherwise might be

There are experts in the field studying the subject trying to work out the complex nature of immunity who have the humility to admit that they don’t fully understand it. They seem a little sceptical of all these experts we now have on social media. By all means have an opinion but can most of us admit we aren’t experts and are just picking the science that fits our opinion rather than really know the subject. There may well be some experts amongst us but the term a bit of knowledge is dangerous thing comes to mind for most of us.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - HawkingsHalfpint - 10-27-2020

Well bang goes discussion on anything that there are experts in the field currently discussing, lads. Shit.

Waggle anyone?

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - billybassett - 10-27-2020

Dekka in sheep following shocker coming up with a post that adds nothing to it other than reaffirm that he's unable.of thinking for himself.

You carry on beiiebing bojo,.Hancock and sage ..I meanwhile will live my life with my brain engaged and not sucking up what the BBC and my lefty Twitter feed tells me.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - baggiebuckster - 10-27-2020

If you haven't played or managed in professional football then you can't give an opinion then eh Derek?

This place will be quieter from now on then.

(10-27-2020, 07:34 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Well bang goes discussion on anything that there are experts in the field currently discussing, lads. Shit.

Waggle anyone?

The certainty that the study is flawed and that there is a media conspiracy or misdirection for as yet unknown reason is my point. We are all picking the science that suits our political, social or economic point of view. It has little to do with which is correct. A bit like religion perhaps some of us will pick the right one and be proven correct.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Brentbaggie - 10-27-2020

Well I am an expert and I can tell you you’re all going to die.