WBAUnofficial
“I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” (/showthread.php?tid=13426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

“I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Duffers - 10-27-2020

No you’re not mate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54696873

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - The liquidator - 10-27-2020

Ah....... The great I've had it so fuck everyone else I'm not isolating for anyone....

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - baggy1 - 10-27-2020

This will be an interesting one to watch peoples attitudes. The current discussion is also around getting it the 2nd time appears worse than the 1st, I still think it's too early for anyone to be saying they know how this virus will act in the future, but for those that were saying 'I've had it' now thinking that they could get it worse will they be so keen to carry on as if they are immune.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Fulham Fallout - 10-27-2020

What the article doesn’t tell us is if the same 350,000 were tested twice or once and the way the data has been reported per 1000 suggests once. That in itself can produce irregularities in the figures.

So far, world wide 2 people have been tested positive twice with Covid. What they didn’t do is test these people to see if the had anti body in between catching it again. The Indian lady who caught it twice spent one month in hospital the first time and that suggests her immune system couldn’t cope and most probably didn’t produce an anti body.

As winter progresses and time moves on we will see if more people catch it twice and if they had an anti body.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Sliced - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 09:00 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: What the article doesn’t tell us is if the same 350,000 were tested twice or once and the way the data has been reported per 1000 suggests once.  That in itself can produce irregularities in the figures.

What do you mean? 350,000 people were tested in June/July and the same 350,000 were tested in September (drop outs aside). It's reported per 1000 because that's more informative.

It was a study carried out by ICL, it may be that they only retested the one's that showed antibodies in the 1st test (apart from a few dropouts as Sliced says). I'm actually on the next group to be tested so I can let you know if they ask me twice.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - HawkingsHalfpint - 10-27-2020

A BBC article. Must be fact!

Context aside, no media channel will be reporting positive news about immunity or anything else right now. They won’t be allowed to.

We are entering a phase where the government and its advisors are now having to accept accountabily for public behaviour (it’s their own undoing at the end of the day). So don’t expect to hear nice or welcoming news for a while. It’s their turn to pull the rope now after Manchester.

Sounds a bit 'Tin Hat' Hawks - why not?

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - Sliced - 10-27-2020

I retract the previous post. It's a cross sectional survey, not the results from a peer-reviewed longitudinal trial as the BBC seemed to imply. 100 odd thousand people were given home tests in three rounds, but it wasn't necessarily the same 100 odd thousand each time.

Misleading from the BBC to put it on the front page with that headline.

RE: “I’ve already had it so I’m ok...” - HawkingsHalfpint - 10-27-2020

(10-27-2020, 09:30 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Sounds a bit 'Tin Hat' Hawks - why not?

Because they hold the same - if not greater - influence over our behaviour, and if you don’t think politics influences news (especially post 2010) then please make a coffee, cancel all plans and sit back down. Smile