WBAUnofficial
Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal (/showthread.php?tid=11080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - billybassett - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 07:27 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 06:53 AM)Fido Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 06:23 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 05:57 AM)Fido Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 05:41 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Okay.

I know the colleges are closed but there must be online self-awareness courses available somewhere. I think they might be of benefit to some people on here.

My son’s friend was coming round our house every day from when the gyms closed until lockdown to use our gym with my son for over an hour each day in close proximity to my son and using the same equipment they sweated on. On the last day he was here he felt light headed and then became ill as did all of his family.  Myself and my son became ill soon afterwards and I had a fever and lack of sense of smell.  My son’s friends parents have both since tested positive with the anti body test.

No self-awareness required here thank you.

Probably beg to differ on the point above. It's does sound extremely likely that you've had it given the above but it's more the "I'm right and every other fugger is wrong" comment at the bottom that clinches it. But I guess that's the "self-awareness" element I couldn't resist pointing out*

*along with probably another hundred or so examples over the years.

So people who claim they had it here from last year are more experienced than the scientist who have pinpointed the first cases

#Obsessed

love to know where the evidence for that is

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - Fulham Fallout - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 07:39 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 06:23 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 05:57 AM)Fido Wrote: I know the colleges are closed but there must be online self-awareness courses available somewhere. I think they might be of benefit to some people on here.

My son’s friend was coming round our house every day from when the gyms closed until lockdown to use our gym with my son for over an hour each day in close proximity to my son and using the same equipment they sweated on. On the last day he was here he felt light headed and then became ill as did all of his family.  Myself and my son became ill soon afterwards and I had a fever and lack of sense of smell.  My son’s friends parents have both since tested positive with the anti body test.

Probably beg to differ on the point above. It's does sound extremely likely that you've had it given the above but it's more the "I'm right and every other fugger is wrong" comment at the bottom that clinches it. But I guess that's the "self-awareness" element I couldn't resist pointing out*

So people who claim they had it here from last year are more experienced than the scientist who have pinpointed the first cases

#Obsessed

First reported European case was in France at the end of Jan 2020

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus/event-background-2019

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - HugeHons - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 07:19 AM)billybassett Wrote: A number of my friends who are usually bomb proof over the years were very ill between Dec and Mar with flu like symptoms. One a window cleaner who's never had a day off in god knows how many years. He was laid up for 2 weeks with a chest infection.

So the "it does make me laugh when people say “I was ill last <insert month from last year> and so I think I’ve had it”" comment is a bit facile really because like me - who was in close contact with people with a respiratory illness earlier in the year - could well have had it and most probably have.

It's not a case of acquiring a badge it's a case of looking back and realising actually this virus entered the country last autumn and many people suffered with "winter flu" that could well have been that virus.

I would doubt it was in the UK last autumn.It is a fast spreading virus,and we would have had thousands upon thousands of excess deaths throughout Nov/Dec/Jan. The huge rise in deaths began in March.

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - billybassett - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 07:49 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 06:23 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: My son’s friend was coming round our house every day from when the gyms closed until lockdown to use our gym with my son for over an hour each day in close proximity to my son and using the same equipment they sweated on. On the last day he was here he felt light headed and then became ill as did all of his family.  Myself and my son became ill soon afterwards and I had a fever and lack of sense of smell.  My son’s friends parents have both since tested positive with the anti body test.

#Obsessed

As I thought - a reported case.

Not in anyway denying that report but you will have seen other resources showing Wuhan admissions to hospital rising significantly last summer. No body really knows. The concept that reported and confirmed cases are a definitive timestamp for when the virus entered the country is obviously not right.

On another angle, if therefore there was a confirmed case in Jan in europe then there the virus was definitely in the country in Jan. Therefore those people, like me, who knew people who were ill or were ill themselves just before/on/or after this time could quite easily have had the virus.

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - baggiebloke - 07-03-2020

I had all of the "classic" symptoms at the outset of lockdown. They were mild until my chest symptoms started which were worrying as it impeded breathing. Now, three plus months later it is still not right.

I've been in touch with my GP and 111 throughout and last month donated blood plasma after being asked to do so. My anti body count wasn't high enough to be used in helping someone seriously ill with Covid-19 so I don't have to give more plasma.

I queried the "not high enough", asking if antibodies were detected. They said they can't tell me (!) but... even if they do find antibodies it doesn't mean that you have actually had Covid-19.

Nonetheless, I am quite certain that I had it. I'd say I've had flu twice before which was far worse as was glandular fever when at school.

The medical profession are still learning about Covid and have few answers at this time, that's how I see it.

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - Kit Kat Chunky - 07-03-2020

Did you see the news article on T numbers vs antibodies? And particularly how it manifests in mild cases?

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - Fulham Fallout - 07-03-2020

(07-03-2020, 08:01 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 06:53 AM)Fido Wrote: Probably beg to differ on the point above. It's does sound extremely likely that you've had it given the above but it's more the "I'm right and every other fugger is wrong" comment at the bottom that clinches it. But I guess that's the "self-awareness" element I couldn't resist pointing out*

#Obsessed

Not in anyway denying that report but you will have seen other resources showing Wuhan admissions to hospital rising significantly last summer. No body really knows. The concept that reported and confirmed cases are a definitive timestamp for when the virus entered the country is obviously not right.

On another angle, if therefore there was a confirmed case in Jan in europe then there the virus was definitely in the country in Jan. Therefore those people, like me, who knew people who were ill or were ill themselves just before/on/or after this time could quite easily have had the virus.

The o my indicator is the death toll compared to previous years.  

China’s data I don’t believe hence my link to Europe.

If it was in the UK earlier then the spike in deaths would have been seen earlier with NHS staff dying earlier as well as perfectly healthy people dying also. Non of this has come to light

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - foreveralbion - 07-03-2020

im still shielding but have not been worried personally about catching it.

six of us live here and two work in supermarkets so there has probably been enough opportunities for the virus to get in.

its possble that i could have had it right at the start in march.

lad at work isolated as his lodger was confirmed to have it.

six of us went ill within a day of each other and unfortunately one of my bosses died from it.

this was where with hindsight the government were slow/unable to act.

our factory should have been tested and shut down for a couple of weeks.

(07-03-2020, 08:22 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 08:01 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 07:27 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: So people who claim they had it here from last year are more experienced than the scientist who have pinpointed the first cases

#Obsessed

The o my indicator is the death toll compared to previous years.  

China’s data I don’t believe hence my link to Europe.

If it was in the UK earlier then the spike in deaths would have been seen earlier with NHS staff dying earlier as well as perfectly healthy people dying also. Non of this has come to light

True but without getting too political on a non political bored it was only when the govt sent old people back to care homes with the virus that it all started to accelerate

RE: Assessing risk of the rona as life tries to get normal - baggy1 - 07-03-2020

We had less deaths this year compared with last year up to the start of March, that indicates it wasn't around in any numbers in the UK until then. Sorry scrub that - looking at the wrong figures, we've been having excess deaths all of 2020 compared with 2019. I was looking at the 5 year average